NextBase 522GW - dead battery: how do I get a replacement?

mcnach

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My camera never had a good battery, from new it only lasted under 5 minutes after an overnight charge, and it only got worse.
Finally it's dead, it doesn't charge anymore, and as a result it switches off within minutes in the car, especially with the cabin camera attached.

NextBase Support does not seem very responsive at the moment.

Any ideas of a decent replacement and where to get it from?

Hi they are easy to undo and replace yourself you can even get a better mAh battery which will last longer if you can solder the wires it is relatively easy I have done it myself so speaking from experience easy to find on eBay kind regards MPH

Hi, thank you for the reply!

I'm handy with a soldering iron, that's not a problem, I watched a video showing how to access the battery and it seems straight forward.... but space is very tight and higher capacity batteries (which would be a great idea!) seem to be bigger in size too. If you know of one that would fit I'd love to hear :)

Reactions: MPH
Hi MPH/mcnach, I was looking at that one on Ebay, for whatever reason it only has a 1 month warranty, any thoughts on that?

That should not be an issue to be honest most people are satisfied via feedback! But if you put in your battery dimensions aliexpress is also good, when I upgraded my Nextbase battery forgot the model sold it on eBay the battery I used was great and so ended up buying plenty more to sell on eBay with great success I might add. it's not a big risk really for the money being an upgrade or just have a Google for your size approx give or take a few mm with better milliamp hours for longer runtime.

Thanks MPH. Have you seen my response on the other thread?

I was in touch with nextbase for my 312GW just remembered the model they were most helpful in every way I would definitely recommend getting an uprated battery as the nextbase ones are all out of China anyway, and not that great to be honest is your cam open for the battery model number to be seen? I could probably find it in a websearch to work out a better one in a bit.

Hi MPH, I have been through most of the threads on this forum, evidently Nextbase support have not participated on the forum for a few month. Did you read those emails I received, supposedly from Nextbase, they look iffy to me, possibly a scam, what do you think?
I am thinking of getting one of the £15.00 off of Ebay.

You can get 10 from China for about £20 approx delivered if you do not mind the wait of only a couple of weeks usually there are the dimensions in the image and model number so you see where money is made on eBay and such marketplaces I buy from China regularly mostly all good quality you just need to do your research HTB17a.FXt9iQuJjSsphq6zMhpXaq.jpg also that link is perfectly valid I have used the same payment method to Nextbase in the past its entirely up to you the ones I purchased were 800Mah

Thanks MPH for clarifying the Nextbase emails, really appreciated. Will do the research as you said and check those from China.

Reactions: MPH
Thanks MPH for clarifying the Nextbase emails, really appreciated. Will do the research as you said and check those from China.
Just stick to the dimensions approx which is usually the model number and look up to 800mah approx for a decent upgrade also the number of wires in your case it's 3 tri wired and you can push the dimensions up slightly Let me know how you get on. One last bit of advice get yourself a couple depending on how long you intend to keep it you can always sell it down the line with an uprated battery as I did before I got the blackvue food for thought.

Last edited:
Is anyone able to please provide a link to a high capacity replacement? I'm happy to order from Aliexpress
My 522W battery has never lasted more than a few minutes and for the 2nd time in 6 months, my dashcam failed to record when a bus hit my car on Thursday. What is the point of front and back dashcam if parking mode doesn't work due to a poor battery.

Many thanks in advance

Just had a look seems to be incorrectly wired you will need one that has 3 wires black red and white around the same size as your original one give or take a few millimetres with a higher mah 3.7Volts capacity hope this helps

Back