522GW screens gone mental

BigMarty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 522GW screen after 2 years has suddenly developed a fault. It goes pink / mauve colour and rolls and flashes.
The recordings also look like the screen.
I have reset the dash cam and formatted the SD card and updated to the latest firmware.
Any ideas folks

Hi, I wondered if you managed to resolve this issue ? We have one that is doing exactly the same. Bought about 3 years ago. Was fine until a couple of months ago. Firmware is up to date. Battery doesn't appear to hold it's charge. But even when plugged in the menu seems to be overly slow to respond to any screen touches. I have tried a format and firmware re-install with no luck fixing it. On turning on, and selecting power on (when connected to a win 10 PC) the screen flashes white/black at changing intervals. The buttons etc are active but not fully working correctly. Firmware is R23.7.

- Would like to try rolling back the firmware to see if that is the issue but am unable to locate the previous release (or any old one for that matter)
- hard to tell if the issue is the battery with it like this, but battery shouldn't cause an issue if plugged into a laptop, as it can draw power from the laptop. It also indicates that it is charging when I managed once! and only once! to get into the system information. Means navigating to the settings and then to page 4 of the options. Which is not easy when the system doesn't respond in a reasonable time and you can be left wondering, how long to wait and did it receive the input in the first place? :-(

and when in the car it goes pink/mauve and rolls etc just like the previous poster

and when in the car it goes pink/mauve and rolls etc just like the previous poster
You could contact Nextbase and see if they can help but because it's out of warranty I'd say they wouldn't.

Honestly we're heading of many issues with Nextbase owners and their dash cams have batteries, not capacitors, so I would go with a better brand such as Viofo.

@Agie Would like to try to fix this one before investing in a new one. Thanks for the ideas
Of course, good luck hopefully you get some resolution soon. Btw Nextbase hasn't been on here for three or so months so you'll have to go the retail way I'm afraid .

Back