622GW Blue light, but nothing else

qolin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got this dashcam from Halfords in May 2021. It has been working fine up to yesterday.

It is currently sitting on my desk with the USB charging lead plugged in. The blue charging light shows, but nothing else. Camera won't respond to anything: power on/off, reset, whatever. Screen stays dead. Blue light goes out if I unplug the USB, comes back on if I plug it in again. SD card is not in.

I first noticed the problem when I extracted the SD card earlier today (Sat 11 dec): connected the SD card to my computer to download the files, and saw that files were present for all the days of last week, but not for yesterday (Friday, when the car was driven for an hour or so as usual). Back in the car, I tried to connect to the dashcam with my phone, but no success. Hence disconnected the dashcam from the car and brought it inside.

I see at least one other recent report of the same problem with this model in this forum.

The things to try are formatting the card and resetting the camera.

Hi Kremmen, Thanks for your reply.

I can't format the card using the camera coz the camera won't respond to any button presses. The screen remains blank. I have formatted the card on my PC, this makes no difference, the camera remains unresponsive.

I have tried resetting the camera. I press the reset button with a paper clip, no result. Press and hold it for 10 seconds, same result. Same result with charging cable connected, same result with SD card inserted.

The only other thing I seem to recall is to try to boot up without a card in the slot.

Failing that, lookup the numerous posts here, from Nextbase Support, re similar problems.

Hi Kremmen, Thanks for your reply.

I can't format the card using the camera coz the camera won't respond to any button presses. The screen remains blank. I have formatted the card on my PC, this makes no difference, the camera remains unresponsive.

I have tried resetting the camera. I press the reset button with a paper clip, no result. Press and hold it for 10 seconds, same result. Same result with charging cable connected, same result with SD card inserted.
Hello,

Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now start normally?
If not, please email us at support@nextbase.com with a copy of your receipt, a description of the issue, and a few photographs of your Dashcam in it's current state. We can then advise further.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Got this dashcam from Halfords in May 2021. It has been working fine up to yesterday.

It is currently sitting on my desk with the USB charging lead plugged in. The blue charging light shows, but nothing else. Camera won't respond to anything: power on/off, reset, whatever. Screen stays dead. Blue light goes out if I unplug the USB, comes back on if I plug it in again. SD card is not in.

I first noticed the problem when I extracted the SD card earlier today (Sat 11 dec): connected the SD card to my computer to download the files, and saw that files were present for all the days of last week, but not for yesterday (Friday, when the car was driven for an hour or so as usual). Back in the car, I tried to connect to the dashcam with my phone, but no success. Hence disconnected the dashcam from the car and brought it inside.

I see at least one other recent report of the same problem with this model in this forum.
I have the exact same issue with my 622. Just blue light, no red even on wall socket power, can't reset via the button with memory card in or out. Please help!!

Back