Hardwired 622GW screen won't turn on, but permanently warm with a solid red light...

Amberberry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I had my dash cam (front and rear) hardwired by the Nextbase's approved fitters 2 weeks ago, along with the largest Nextbase memory card.

I noticed today that I hadn't heard the usual start up / shut down sounds that the camera usually makes when starting the engine and 5 minutes after turning off the engine. No noise at all. Checked the monitor, which feels warm and has a permanent red light on, but the screen won't turn on.

Had an issue with my car battery dieing at the weekend on a junction (dashcam power-draw related?) and had the AA out to replace it. I'm unsure if this is related or not.

Felling a bit miffed that I've spent £400 on this, only for it to be giving me such issues, and for it not to work 2 weeks after being fitted!

Any tips please? Should I return it to Nextbase?

Hello!

I had my dash cam (front and rear) hardwired by the Nextbase's approved fitters 2 weeks ago, along with the largest Nextbase memory card.

I noticed today that I hadn't heard the usual start up / shut down sounds that the camera usually makes when starting the engine and 5 minutes after turning off the engine. No noise at all. Checked the monitor, which feels warm and has a permanent red light on, but the screen won't turn on.

Had an issue with my car battery dieing at the weekend on a junction (dashcam power-draw related?) and had the AA out to replace it. I'm unsure if this is related or not.

Felling a bit miffed that I've spent £400 on this, only for it to be giving me such issues, and for it not to work 2 weeks after being fitted!

Any tips please? Should I return it to Nextbase?
Unfortunately you'll probably have to take it back to the installer and troubleshoot the issue with them. Failing that, contact Nextbase as per warranty purposes. Good luck and keep us posted.

Person has got back.
Why not let us know the outcome?

Back