622GW speed while driving

spacoom

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Apologies if this has already being discussed. I used search and was unable to find answer.

Is there a setting for the dashcam to see speed while driving in real time?

Yes it's in the screensaver settings. Instead of the road view, it blanks the screen other than for a speedometer.

Hi Shaky, many thanks. I appreciate. So I have a choice between speedometer and a road view but not both?

AFAIK they are the only options. The current speed does show if you've enabled it in the video playback but unless you activate the screensaver function, it's basically too small to see on the screen when you've got the road view showing. I wouldn't have thought you'd have wanted the road view showing anyway coz your actual view through the windscreen with your own eyes is far superior to the dashcam view anyway ! Or have you some other reason to be able to have both on at the same time ?

I've found that the screensaver speedometer is good anyway coz it gets its info from the gps which always tends to be a lot more accurate than the cars speedo anyway. My 622GW is showing an actual 70mph when the speedo shows 74 (which I confirmed to be only 0.5mph "off" with a mate of mine who's a traffic copper :giggle: with a calibrated speed gun.

Hello Shaky,
Much appreciated the elaboration and response. Seemingly mine 622GW doesn't have GPS signal. On the other forums I read that its caused caused by the plastic plate which sticks onto the windscreen clips to the GPS mount. The plastic plate was also blocking the signal. As the result mine doesnt switch into speedometer mode. I tried to move the 622GW but to no avail - no signal.

Mine speedo is overshooting too (I learnt it from previous camera, which actually has good GPS signal. When I driving 70 mph by GPS the speedo shows like 77 mph.

Hello Shaky,
Much appreciated the elaboration and response. Seemingly mine 622GW doesn't have GPS signal. On the other forums I read that its caused caused by the plastic plate which sticks onto the windscreen clips to the GPS mount. The plastic plate was also blocking the signal. As the result mine doesnt switch into speedometer mode. I tried to move the 622GW but to no avail - no signal.

That's ridiculous :eek:. Have you been in touch with Nextbase to see if they can offer any ideas ? The only problem I found with my GPS Click 'n' Go mount is that I have to remember to remove the camera from it if I'm not gonna be using the car forra while as otherwise the sticky part simply falls off the windscreen !

Back