70mai A800 4K dashcam

Never mind my request for help, I just figured out why I couldn't connect by phone to the camera.

I have a VPN app on my phone running all the time, forget it is even on sometimes, I shut down the VPN app and it paired.

If anyone else has any trouble pairing phone to camera check you don't have a VPN running.

Never mind my request for help, I just figured out why I couldn't connect by phone to the camera.

I have a VPN app on my phone running all the time, forget it is even on sometimes, I shut down the VPN app and it paired.

If anyone else has any trouble pairing phone to camera check you don't have a VPN running.
I have the vpn on my phone turned off always. It causes a lot of the stuff on a phone to not work correctly as it stops connections.

it also eat up a lot of power, at least on my phone with Cyberghost for VPN
But yeah a VPN will do that ( i have tried the same when i had my phone VPN on all the time )
Now i dont use my VPN on the phone much as i never connect to a wifi with it unless it is a camera wifi, and i barely use the data connection either, i barely make a dent in my 30 GB plan.

there is a problem (on metadata i guess) on the rear videos. they cannot be sent (i guess converted) by whatsapp. front are ok, and both using the same hevc codec. using latest fw 1.0.6ww

I found a problem: container has bad metadata, I used 'ff.works' on Mac to convert the container from mp4 to mov and now it works fine on any player / editor. this is a workaround for now. i talked to 70mai and they know about the problem, hope they fix it.

Last edited:
i saw your posts about how we downgrade the firmware so the parking mode works. I did it, i run now with 1.0.1 but still the same problem, i have no parking mode. I hit the glass over the camera, the orange light shows and then nothing.. I dont know what else to do, original hardwire kit, firmware 1.0.1 all other seems to be ok but parkning mode isnt workning

i saw your posts about how we downgrade the firmware so the parking mode works. I did it, i run now with 1.0.1 but still the same problem, i have no parking mode. I hit the glass over the camera, the orange light shows and then nothing.. I dont know what else to do, original hardwire kit, firmware 1.0.1 all other seems to be ok but parkning mode isnt workning
what SDcard are you using? i think that matters.
i used Samsung EVO+ previously, and parking mode didnt work for me, after i switch to newer Samsung Evo Select, the parking mode worked without issues.

what SDcard are you using? i think that matters.
i used Samsung EVO+ previously, and parking mode didnt work for me, after i switch to newer Samsung Evo Select, the parking mode worked without issues.
do you think that this matters? i just have a simple oem sd, which is class 3, u10.. Im gonna buy one to try it.. By the way, i wanna ask the group one question, is it worth to buy the rear camera? i didnt bought it when i took the dashcam, but im thinking of it. I have tinted windows by the way.

Does anyone know if you can switch off the 70mai watermark on the videos?

It's annoying when sharing something.

That is not yet a option with this model, but modders have done it with older models,,,,,,, it do seem like 70mai take their business strategies from Apple.

While i do not remove company watermarks on the cameras i have, it is a option in the menu as it should be, and as long as the watermark are at the bottom i cant see it as any problem, if it was on the top like info are / have been on some cameras then i would find it more annoying.

so as @Kevin613 said i bought a samsung evo plus and magicaly the parking mode works. (Thanks you@Kevin613)
But now i want to ask you, how sensitive is it? I have it to high sensitivity, but when i shake the car, a hit the bonnet with my hand or kick the wheel as somebody said, nothing happens, it doesnt record. I succeded to make it record only when i hit the window over the position the dashcam is installed. Why only then? Is it right to record only when someone smashes your car and not when somebody simple touch your car?

No matter how well functioning G-sensor, it will probably not pick up someone keying your car, maybe not even a little door ding in a parking lot.
Thats why i prefer to use low bitrate recording, then it always record, and audio is recorded so you should be able to hear such things.

But othewise G-sensor either being too sensitive, or not at all, that is a problem that have been in dashcams for many many years.

Hi, could be used the rear camera when parking in reverse , i mean can you see the captured image on the front display? My car does not have rear parking sensors and wondering if i could use this functionality?

Hi, could be used the rear camera when parking in reverse , i mean can you see the captured image on the front display? My car does not have rear parking sensors and wondering if i could use this functionality?
Nope no such function

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Yes. When you connect a second camera, this button is inserted and you can switch the view.

Nope no such function
Have you checked?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    222.3 KB · Views: 11
Screens on dashcams are very small, so not usable as a substitute for a reversing camera, after market reversing camera systems are also pretty cheap and often come with a proper sized screen ( 7 " )
Some dashcams do have a next to live wifi preview option, but then you have to connect your phone first before reversing as it is not recommended to have going when driving.
And even then dashcams often dont have the guide lines in the footage that reversing cameras have.

Yes. When you connect a second camera, this button is inserted and you can switch the view.

Have you checked?

He asked "use the rear cam as a reverse camera". I know can change to view the rear cam as all dual dashcam can do that. But the rear cam mounted on the rear windscreen.

How can you classify the rear cam as a reverse camera? A reverse camera is mounted near the trunk or license plate area to view the bumper with those lines to judge distance when reverse parking.

This is my reverse camera on my Honda which is mounted at the license plate area. Also the reverse camera is automatic turn on when you engage the Reverse gear.
1605245549380.png

This is the rear cam on my A139. So how can you tell the distance when reverse parking?
1605245675837.png

He asked "use the rear cam as a reverse camera". I know can change to view the rear cam as all dual dashcam can do that. But the rear cam mounted on the rear windscreen.
How can you classify the rear cam as a reverse camera? A reverse camera is mounted near the trunk or license plate area to view the bumper with those lines to judge distance when reverse parking.
This is my reverse camera on my Honda which is mounted at the license plate area. Also the reverse camera is automatic turn on when you engage the Reverse gear.
This is the rear cam on my A139. So how can you tell the distance when reverse parking?
Yes I agree that it is strange to use the rear camera as a rear view camera. But the question was also whether it was possible to get an image from the rear camera to the display. Even if it's small.

Yes I agree that it is strange to use the rear camera as a rear view camera. But the question was also whether it was possible to get an image from the rear camera to the display. Even if it's small.

I've only saw "use rear cam as reverse cam" then my mind will pop up a "No!" :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, it's not feasible to use the rear cam as a reverse cam. Best to get a dedicated reverse cam instead. As both of them require different angles when in use.

Back