70mai A800 4K dashcam

Using a dashcam to do reversing camera work, to me it is like hiring a plumber to install your new kitchen, which you would want a carpenter to do.
When i get into a proper reversing camera myself, i still think i would mount it on the inside of my rear window as it is on the flat rear end of my car, but if need be i am also open to drilling holes in my metal or plastic.
My biggest problem is where to mount a LCD screen, perhaps it would be best to get a new headunit and make use of its 7" screen.

Using a dashcam to do reversing camera work, to me it is like hiring a plumber to install your new kitchen, which you would want a carpenter to do.
When i get into a proper reversing camera myself, i still think i would mount it on the inside of my rear window as it is on the flat rear end of my car, but if need be i am also open to drilling holes in my metal or plastic.
My biggest problem is where to mount a LCD screen, perhaps it would be best to get a new headunit and make use of its 7" screen.

Nowadays a lot of Android HU which can use with a reverse camera.

yes also in my 7 year old win CE headunit, but touch screen stopped working years ago so it is rare i turn it on.

Looks like the lens aim changes through a solenoid or stepper motor- moving parts wear out and get out of sorts more easily than fixed parts do, so to me this looks like an answer to an already well-answered question :cautious: With their differing purposes a dashcam and a reversing cam will always do best as separate devices, and today's reversing cams have plenty of vertical FOV to not need any in-use adjustment.

Phil

Do any of you have the automatic restart issue?
I did when I had a different hardwire kit. Their firmware update forced me to use their kit. Smh

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Think it might be because my SD card is u1, got a new one coming in tomorrow that is U3, will try it out and see how it goes
Any news on the sd card? I have SAMSUNG EVO+ microSDXC 64 GB U3
And after entering parking mode no recording after 5 min

Any news on the sd card? I have SAMSUNG EVO+ microSDXC 64 GB U3
And after entering parking mode no recording after 5 min
the EVO+ dont work, i had the same exact card, and ran into the same parking mode problem.
the newer EVO PLUS, and the Amazon rebranded EVO SELECT will work.

the EVO+ dont work, i had the same exact card, and ran into the same parking mode problem.
the newer EVO PLUS, and the Amazon rebranded EVO SELECT will work.
I have this one, very surprising that you say is not working, do we han any official list?
Agin this one is not working, i am not recording a 4k...
32DED7DA-16C7-4F61-AE83-98C83198CD43.jpeg

I have this one, very surprising that you say is not working, do we han any official list?
Agin this one is not working, i am not recording a 4k...
View attachment 54534
no official list as far as i know.

The one that gave me issue is this:
1607354311582.png

The one that i'm using now is this:
1607354377070.png

I read that the EVO PLUS and EVO SELECT is the same exact card, so i went with whichever cheaper.
more info from this link:
1607354522336.png

Before a800 i had Viofo a129 duo which was very sensitive in terms of what cards you are using and this one was found as one most reliable ones - the high endurance which is dedicated for dashcams and home security cameras.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07NY23WBG
I'm using it currently in a800 without any problems or issues.

Just got mine today straight from 70mai. Kind of not impress with the video quality. For it being 4k it is kind of grainy and blurry. Sticking with it anyways. Does anyone knows where I can download the latest firmwares for this dashcam? Mine shipped with a firmware from November 2020.

Just install in your smartphone the App from 70mai and you'll find firmware update. But first, RTFM!

Just install in your smartphone the App from 70mai and you'll find firmware update. But first, RTFM!
I read the manual and was aware of the app feature, I failed to express myself initially. I was more looking for unreleased or custom firmwares. Thanks for the info.

I read the manual and was aware of the app feature, I failed to express myself initially. I was more looking for unreleased or custom firmwares. Thanks for the info.
don't know if anyone is working on it but more likely to find info over here https://www.goprawn.com/

Back