70mai A800S firmware.

I have it. Parking mode doesn't seem to work, the camera actually shuts down after displaying that message "will begin parking surveillance in 5 minutes" or something and does not record in parking mode. The cable, car battery all good, the camera recognizes everything properly and does not shut down because low battery voltage.

Two firmware versions where released in the last few days. The 1.0.1zww 06/18/2021 and 1.0.3zww on 06/21/2021. So far it still hasn't solved particularly the emergency video sensitivity and the image quality issues but will continue to see if any other issues have been reintroduced.

Two firmware versions where released in the last few days. The 1.0.1zww 06/18/2021 and 1.0.3zww on 06/21/2021. So far it still hasn't solved particularly the emergency video sensitivity and the image quality issues but will continue to see if any other issues have been reintroduced.
I'm still waiting for a better codec to choose between. Current one takes up too much space or a lower resolution like 720p. Motion recording would be nice

I'm still waiting for a better codec to choose between. Current one takes up too much space or a lower resolution like 720p. Motion recording would be nice
it is just terrible, I think the very bad video quality is related to a hardware issue more than a firmware. I don't think they can fix it with a software update. The dashcam is sitting in my drawer.

it is just terrible, I think the very bad video quality is related to a hardware issue more than a firmware. I don't think they can fix it with a software update. The dashcam is sitting in my drawer.
It is a combination of the two. They should at least increase the bitrate to reduce the ugly blocking and pixelation when there is a lot of movement, particularly when you are driving where there are lots of trees near the road.

I have it. Parking mode doesn't seem to work, the camera actually shuts down after displaying that message "will begin parking surveillance in 5 minutes" or something and does not record in parking mode. The cable, car battery all good, the camera recognizes everything properly and does not shut down because low battery voltage.
Hi, the same issue I also connect the hardware kit but the camera doesn't record the 24 hours video and FW is 1.03ww. I don't how these manufacture release any product without testing it.

The wires of the power kit come labeled wrong: the red wire labeled as VCC+ should connect to accessories and the yellow one labeled as ACC+.
However once you fix that the parking surveillance is not good at all. The only way to wake that camera up is to slam a socker ball into the windshield. Slamming the doors shut would not trigger it. So if some drunk driver would rip the front bumper off of your car there are chances the camera will stay shut. Probably the sensitivity of the G sensor is too low, even when set to the highest.

The wires of the power kit come labeled wrong: the red wire labeled as VCC+ should connect to accessories and the yellow one labeled as ACC+.
However once you fix that the parking surveillance is not good at all. The only way to wake that camera up is to slam a socker ball into the windshield. Slamming the doors shut would not trigger it. So if some drunk driver would rip the front bumper off of your car there are chances the camera will stay shut. Probably the sensitivity of the G sensor is too low, even when set to the highest.
70mai knows about the issues. I was one of the testers and had a direct comunicaion with one of their team exchanging testing results but they have proven over and over they can care less even after they have acknowledged those issues.
At least they managed to fix the severe GPS accuracy issue.

So still they are not informing customers and how the person will be knowing the wrong connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New firmware available for download over the app. Version 1.0.4zww

Not showing.

I just installed the most recent firmware (1.0.4zww) to give it a try and I have already spotted the first issue.
They have introduced a new bug that duplicated the video resolution settings and removed the video storage compression rate setting that allows you to choose if you want a high or low bitrate selected.
Also, when I did the factory reset after the fw update, the language went to Chinese making it a bit difficult to go through the settings to change it back to English.

It seems that they have attempted to fix the emergency event recording on this one but I will have to do some testing through the different sensitivity settings to get results.

20210807_102826.jpg

It seems that they have attempted to fix the emergency event recording on this one but I will have to do some testing through the different sensitivity settings to get results.
Nope!! It did not get fixed and as a bonus we gained an extra bug with this fw update.

Nope!! It did not get fixed and as a bonus we gained an extra bug with this fw update.
But now we have a timelapse :sneaky:

My ADAS is not working, I think i got faulty unit.

Hi ... Sorry in advance for my weak English. I hope you understand. I really like the 70mai products, I have 800s and I have 500s of cameras, so I have an insight. I would like to ask developers or anyone who knows them. I wish the boot camera sound could be turned off in firmware. Each time you turn on, you hear a beep, which is annoying and pointless. Because there is a led indicator light, the sound of the beeping is meaningless. Please if there can be an option to turn it on or off, or mute it. Thanks a lot.

Back