70mai Firmware Update (changing from Chinese to English)

@lisabon Any plans to hack 1s (I mean web commands to change something i.e. "silence the woman" ?

ok;)

FIRMWARE for MIDRIVE_D06
[with English voice acting]

v0.0.25cn

1. Take out TF card and insert it to your computer (or using a USB converter to connect computer).
  2. Download the file named FW_DR0008.bin to the root directory of TF card.
  3. Insert the TF card and keep the power cable is charging.
  4. The device will automatically upgrade. DO NOT discharge until the voice prompt “Update succeeded” is over.
0.0.25cn_EN_for_MIDRIVE_D06
Hi @lisabon_Q3
I have upgraded to V0.0.25CN. but it has encountered a problem of not being able to format memory cards with a capacity of 64GB or higher.

@lisabon Any plans to hack 1s (I mean web commands to change something i.e. "silence the woman" ?

For now it seems that the only way to make 1S camera silent is to open the camera and disconnect internal speaker. This will void your warranty.

Check it here:

Hello, Dear friends! I from russia, i bought 1s D06 china. Original firmware was 1.0.1 2019.07.23 I updated to v0.0.25cn with russian, english, china.

There is a problem on all firmwares - the files on the memory card do not open, are not recorded correctly, it requires after 3-5 minutes to format the USB flash drive.

On firmware 1.0.1 2019.07.23 - everything is working fine.

Why is the numbering 1.0.1 and the firmware 0.0.25? Where can I download firmware with a different numbering?

Attachments

• 2019-11-01_1631.png
    2019-11-01_1631.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
Hello, please help me.
My cam is updating, the green light is on, no response, reset cannot be done.
The power connection shows only the green light
thanks. (70mai 1s D06)

Hi
I made updates to my 70Mai dash cam 1s (english version) MiDrive 06. Unfortunately, there was a problem after restarting the device, the green light is constantly on and zero response. By clicking the RESET button - the green LED is still lit without response to turning off the camera or other actions.

Hi
I made updates to my 70Mai dash cam 1s (english version) MiDrive 06. Unfortunately, there was a problem after restarting the device, the green light is constantly on and zero response. By clicking the RESET button - the green LED is still lit without response to turning off the camera or other actions.
what firmware did you use?

Last Frimware 1.02. There was a problem during the 70mai update because the LED color was flashing blue and then the camera restarted. Then it automatically restarted with the color of the green diode which is permanently on but the device has zero response even after inserting the SD card with new software

where did you get the firmware?
where did you download the firmware from?
Or updated through the application?
You did not use the firmware for Midrive D01?

where did you get the firmware?
where did you download the firmware from?
Or updated through the application?
You did not use the firmware for Midrive D01?
I update wrong fw :( using MiDrive D01 for D06, and now camera can not be start, only green light :( can you help me?

I update wrong fw :( using MiDrive D01 for D06, and now camera can not be start, only green light :( can you help me?
No, you need to solder the chip and upload the firmware manually through the programmer.

Hi guys,

i am using latest firmware 1.0.8 for MiDrive D01 camera. The latest firmware do not show time and date during recording is there a way to enable it?

Previous firmware do not have such issue.

Best regards,
ov2rey

I want to change the sound when event (door slam) occurs.
I see that SD_CarDV.bin includes resource files - also wav sound files.

Is it enough to replace apk_event_recording_start.wav with new file, but keeping the same filename?
And what afterwards? Just zip it back to SD_CarDV.bin ?

Please advise :)

I want to change the sound when event (door slam) occurs.
I see that SD_CarDV.bin includes resource files - also wav sound files.

Is it enough to replace apk_event_recording_start.wav with new file, but keeping the same filename?
And what afterwards? Just zip it back to SD_CarDV.bin ?

Please advise :)
No, it won’t work like that and you "bricked" your device.
Here in more detail (rus)

Hi guys!
FIRMWARE for Chinese Version (CN)
[with English voice acting and English voice control]
v.1.0.8 eu

View attachment 45934

Take picture
  • Record video
  • Record without sound
  • Record with sound
  • Turn off Wi-Fi
  • Turn on Wi-Fi

1. Take out TF card and insert it to your computer (or using a USB converter to connect computer).
  2. Download the file named SD_CardDV.bin to the root directory of TF card.
  3. Insert the TF card and keep the power cable is charging.
  4. The device will automatically upgrade. DO NOT discharge until the voice prompt “Update succeeded” is over.

SD_CarDV_1.0.8eu_(for CN version)_ENG VOICE AND CONTROL.zip

@lisabon_Q3

Hi, I really appreciate your time and work you put into this!
Upgrading my Chinese D1 was super easy, and it is now speaking English and even understanding my English. :)

Before it was confusing, because we have two cars and two camera's, one in Chinese and the other one in English, and I always forgot which camera was in what car...
Now they both speak and understand English.

Again, many, many thanks!!

Greetings from Spain,

Leo

Last edited:
Hello, can someone here upload a copy of stock English firmware for 70mai 1s d06 international version? I want to revert my current firmware back to the original. Much appreciated!

Back