70MAI Pro custom firmware.

Just updated to the new V5 with HDR. I like that it is a brighter image at night which maybe it will not be as sharp. The positive is that the high dynamic range will adjust the image to compensate for bright headlight in the dark so it will be easier to read licenseplate at night. Will have to test sharpness during daylight. I also attached one with linear highest resolution. Good job nutsey!

ScreenHunter_295 Dec. 26 07.42.jpg
ScreenHunter_296 Dec. 26 07.44.jpg

ScreenHunter_294 Dec. 26 07.31.jpg

Last edited:
this is a short video showing HDR off and HDR on side by side.
I edited the same video twice switching position of the videos because the sun was coming from the right side therefore in the video with HDR off on the right side you can see how the bright sky made the buildings and road darker. With HDR on the camera will dim and adjust the sky and highlight the items on the road...
Once again good job nutsey this is definitely an improvement.

ScreenHunter_298 Dec. 26 10.17.jpgScreenHunter_299 Dec. 26 10.17.jpg

Last edited:
what is the timelapse feature and how is it working?
Time lapse is a function that can be used only if you have the hard-wire module (with 3 wires) and it offers the possibility to shoot continuously even when the engine stopped (at a lower bit rate). It's useful, but the parking mode won't work anymore (at least that's what I noticed)

We
Time lapse is a function that can be used only if you have the hard-wire module (with 3 wires) and it offers the possibility to shoot continuously even when the engine stopped (at a lower bit rate). It's useful, but the parking mode won't work anymore (at least that's what I noticed)
But isn't that the same as wiring it directly to the fusebox and letting the camera record nonstop?

We

But isn't that the same as wiring it directly to the fusebox and letting the camera record nonstop?
No, this type of video have small bit-rate (low quality) and use less space (~120mb/min) + low power used (i left my car for 48h without engine on, with gps all time on + alarm system on + camera in time lapse and i do not had any problem with first start of engine; voltage was 11.4 after 48h)

@nutsey first of all thanks for Yours hard work with 70MAI Pro development,

I've got a question according what I've observed, did You went down with Bit rates into FW 1.0.7v5 ?

Now I've got on Yours modded FW, Bit rate: 22.4 Mb/s @2592x1512 resolution,
on stock 1.0.7 there was before 20,5 MB/s @2560x1440,
I've seen on forums that in previous patches there was much bigger bitrates, ex. Multipatch V1 - Bitrate values 21/37/50 for 1080/1440/1944 modes.

Could You boost it up?

Last edited:
It's VBR. The bitrate value will be increased automatically if needed when there are many moving fine details like leaves or stones.
Heyouu, happy new beer
Nutsey is there any chance to open ssh port? Or some script to connect dashcam wifi to home wifi

I have a question. Can we set "Enter Parking Surveillance in XX minutes" to longer minutes or disabling this option? It may cause problems and useless for cars with no electricity from car cigarette lighter when stop the engine anyway.

Hello @nutsey

I have got your modded FW 1.07.V4
But I wonder why I can't see car speed on display or even on the playback videos.

In the parking surveillance recorded vides, I have noticed that its blinking on the first two seconds, and night mode are extremely clear/light then back to darker display

It will be fantastic if the night mode continues with the same lighter and clear results

Hope you can get my point.

Regards

Attachments

• 20200110_150314.jpg
    20200110_150314.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 20200110_150248.jpg
    20200110_150248.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Can anybody confirm that OTA_331_FULL_70mai_d05_v1.0.7_20191111_1101 (1.0.7CN version) can be updated on MiDrive D02. My dash cam is CN version.

Can anybody confirm that OTA_331_FULL_70mai_d05_v1.0.7_20191111_1101 (1.0.7CN version) can be updated on MiDrive D02. My dash cam is CN version.

I have just updated to 1.0.7 (CN) on MiDrive D02, so it does work!
I have then updated to 1.0.7 NA, which also works...

Any chance all of these mods Will be available for the d05 (mini) ?
Fx. the removal of logo and smaller timestamp ? :)

Do i have to update to cn file before the na for the hdr to work, or can I just go for the 1.0.7 v5 na and turn on hdr? I did the last, but the picture is quite dark now.

Hello @nutsey

I have got your modded FW 1.07.V4
But I wonder why I can't see car speed on display or even on the playback videos.

In the parking surveillance recorded vides, I have noticed that its blinking on the first two seconds, and night mode are extremely clear/light then back to darker display

It will be fantastic if the night mode continues with the same lighter and clear results

Hope you can get my point.

Regards

Up.

Back