70MAI Pro custom firmware.

Can you make firmware where the big button create emergency recording?
You can use voice control function: Record video. Dashcam will record emergency immediately

Hi. At the moment I drive my car once or twice a week for 10-15 min daytime rides so I can't test out all iterations required to get the 2nd version for rear cam use.
Hello nutsey,
It's there any chance to have chinese firmware update with patch? I ask about your version translated in english. Is so useful time-laps option
Many thank dude for your efforts

Hy @nutsey , Thanks for your work!

I tried to follow this thread but a lot of details about functions got lost between posts.
Would you be so kind to do a full recap on your latest firmware telling what exactly you changed/added comparing to current stock fw?

The V6 is on its way

2560x1080

2560x1440

2304x1728
Image looks great. You have picture with night mode? Will be available for your CN translated version? Or you can port option "time-laps" from cn to en? Many thanks

Please be ready to see the following with the V6:
- constant street light flickering for countries with 50Hz electric mains (for 60Hz it should be just fine);
- exposure wobble under bright lighting conditions (1000+ lux);
- some noise and HDR stitching artifacts for twilight videos (10-500 lux).

Please be ready to see the following with the V6:
- constant street light flickering for countries with 50Hz electric mains (for 60Hz it should be just fine);
- exposure wobble under bright lighting conditions (1000+ lux);
- some noise and HDR stitching artifacts for twilight videos (10-500 lux).
So best not up grade then?

So best not up grade then?
What kind of picture would you choose here? Full of art value or one with the most possible (did my best) license plates and road signs readable? My strong belief is that each and every dashcam footage should be concerned as a set of highly important data bearing stills...

Last edited:
What kind of picture would you choose here? Full of art value or one with the most possible (did my best) license plates and road signs readable?

Man just share the so members will see, its very easy to say but when its come to do the work so nobody will do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh typo, please share the video
I can't shoot any side-by-side videos as I've got only one cam. Any other comparisons will not be 100% unbiassed. Moreover I don't drive at nighttime.

What kind of picture would you choose here? Full of art value or one with the most possible (did my best) license plates and road signs readable? My strong belief is that each and every dashcam footage should be concerned as a set of highly important data bearing stills...
It is hard to say from the images. I cannot see any differences in quality. My opinion is that the better view is in the order you have posted them in. ie the top one the better. It covers less sky in it. It does come with a small amount of distortion. I expect that is a hardware issue.
I am in admiration of the work you have done on improving the software. Shame the manufacture cannot do it.

Back