900X Plus Not working via connectivity module (SIM card module)

TomX

Reaction score
Country
United States
So my father bought a 900X Plus and the SIM card module for cloud connectivity and we are just having a beast of a time getting it all working. The camera's already installed with the latest firmware, connected to the SIM module, WiFi active, etc. When I go through the setup on my iPhone for the SIM card it takes a few minutes and either times out or the APN for AT&T LTE (USA) is 'incorrect' and doesn't seem to show the IMEI consistently in the iPhone app no matter what we do. We've tried 2 SIM cards, one activated already with an old iPad I had laying around that I no longer use and a freshly activated (from the AT&T store) SIM card. My father managed to 'get it working' but I suspect he's confusing WiFi connectivity with LTE and he's getting into situations where he thinks LTE is working but only because his phone is in the car and the camera happens to be using it as a hot spot instead of the module. I'm at a loss on what the next steps are, do we just start over from scratch and 'reset' the camera back to factory defaults and start over. Do I maybe use his android phone and blackvue app instead? The camera's added to his account and he's logged into it, just don't want to use the SIM module.

I've had two recent viewers of my CM100LTE review video contact me asking for assistance getting an AT&T SIM card to work with that device. I didn't have any specific information other than pointing them at the newer directions for SIM card activation since at least one of the viewers was trying to find the SIM card activation in the older location in the BlackVue app.

In the end, neither one could get the AT&T SIM card to work. Both of them obtained a T-Mobile prepaid SIM card and that worked. I've been using T-Mobile SIM cards with my CM100LTE modules and those do seem to work.

I'm interested to know if a solution is found so I can pass that along to anyone else that has the same problem with AT&T SIM cards.

I've had two recent viewers of my CM100LTE review video contact me asking for assistance getting an AT&T SIM card to work with that device. I didn't have any specific information other than pointing them at the newer directions for SIM card activation since at least one of the viewers was trying to find the SIM card activation in the older location in the BlackVue app.

In the end, neither one could get the AT&T SIM card to work. Both of them obtained a T-Mobile prepaid SIM card and that worked. I've been using T-Mobile SIM cards with my CM100LTE modules and those do seem to work.

I'm interested to know if a solution is found so I can pass that along to anyone else that has the same problem with AT&T SIM cards.
Good information. I too had no problem with the T Mobile sim card.

I'd recommend that the op contact Blackvue by phone. You can get through in 2 or 3 minutes and they're always helpful.

(844) 694-44690
Mon. - Fri 8 - 7 pm pst
Sat. 9-6 pm pst
Closed Sunday

Back