A bunch of my own dash cam videos......

Indeed any camera are better than no camera.
Kids and their Omp Omp- Ra - ta - ta "music" :rolleyes:

Here it is the car owners responsibility to ensure who ever drive his car have a valid license, so he / they would get ticketed too.
People with no license often drive a car regged to a friend or family, and so they must claim they stole the car keys and so are also car thieves, or drag their stupid friend down with them.
You can buy and register a car and have no license, but it will then be in the police ANPR system and sound a alert when you pass by a cop car, and they will moste likely turn around and stop you, hence people have begun to talk friends and family with license to stand in as owner, and many Danes are that stupid they will do that.
Or they just buy a car and put on stolen plates on it and so also save insurance, plates that will also be in the police ANPR database as stolen, so really thats no good either.

2/3 Did you actually submit the video to the police/insurance with fake music & sound effects? I wouldn't dare do that here, we just jailed someone for 18 years for "perverting the course of justice" (telling lies to the police) !
You made a nice video though :)

4 No way that is going to stand, he had no chance, hitting her back half was because he did brake a bit!

6 Very lucky, but do they actually have to pay up? After all the car was being driven illegally, which would violate their insurance terms. Hope it works out OK.

7 Not on the spot, need a suspended sentence before that, which is the minimum she should get now.

I am sure police got the RAW footage.

we just jailed someone for 18 years for "perverting the course of justice"
Thats pretty cool, you would have to knife several people here to get 18 years of jail-time.

It is quite common here to do that, but thank got the police ANPR cars are working good in this regard, now we just need more cops to drive those cars all the time of the day.
You need some ANPR cameras sitting at the fuel station, then the cop sitting at his desk/computer gets a message from the ANPR camera, runs round to the fuel station and confiscates the car, no need to drive around searching. Works remarkably well here.

No, I made several videos, but the raw video footage (unedited) is what will be submitted to the insurance company and police

6) Luckily, the vehicle has insurance (company car not registered to her)

That could become an issue. Normally insurance will exclude any unlicensed drivers and a suspended license is no license. You may have to seek recourse either against the driver individually or the company owning the car.

We do have a select few ANPR cameras in fixed locations on major roads, but like fixed speed traps its just 10 or something.
We dont have enough police to have them sitting at a desk on a police station, down to 50% the number of cops we should have, 25% of what we actually need.

Whatever it was, the dashcam microphone couldn't cope with it!

Watching it again, he had a very good reaction based on that "Little" smelly thing coming into view, meaning he already had the brakes on hard, maybe a good thing given how much destruction still happened.

If it's a 2018 or newer Toyota, they all come standard with the automatic emergency braking and lane hold assist, and since the sensors are already there, adaptive cruise control. Some people have hacked them using things like Arduino, raspberry pi, and quadcopter parts to make them self driving on highways

The company insurance will most likely pay off unless they knew she was unlicensed and allowed her to drive anyway, in which case the company will be directly liable. I've always said any cam is better than none as long as it's relaible because even the crappy ones will clearly show vehicle positions and movements, which is what is usually in contention. You only need clear details like plate capture when someone leaves the scene or where someone was distracted from their driving. Part of all auto policies here in SC is an agreement to disclose your phone records when you are involved in a crash, and those will be subpoenaed in other cases, so really all you need is plate capture details which if iffy even with the best cams. While I recommend good cams, you might actually be better off with 4 cheapies like the 70mai or G1WH for about the same cost as one premium single-channel front cam.

The people who hack their own autonomous driving aids will discover themselves in a world of poop if they are involved in a crash. They lack the engineering studies and legal backing that car manufacturers have which will keep them from harm in court- in short all the involved parties will be attacking them successfully so they will end up personally being tasked with most of the incurred losses.

I would like to see things where unlicensed or uninsured drivers were immediately jailed without bond until trial. That would stop all but the worst offenders from chancing it, but it would also increase the chances that such drivers would leave the scene if they could. So while I'm not sure what the best solution would be, I am sure that what is being done now is completely insufficient.

I hope the youngster isn't a bit traumatized over this as I was when with just two weeks on my own license I was involved in a backing crash in a parking lot. No harm happened to my car or they other guy's, just steel bumpers touching gently as we both backed into each other with not even a scratch on the chrome. While both of us were equally at fault the other guy wanted the Cops involved, and with me being young I was charged and not him- not the way to instill confidence in a young driver about the Police or the legal system protecting them. Good that this one has a dashcam which I hope makes things work out right!

Phil

I hope the youngster isn't a bit traumatized over this as I was when with just two weeks on my own license I was involved in a backing crash in a parking lot. No harm happened to my car or they other guy's, just steel bumpers touching gently as we both backed into each other with not even a scratch on the chrome. While both of us were equally at fault the other guy wanted the Cops involved, and with me being young I was charged and not him- not the way to instill confidence in a young driver about the Police or the legal system protecting them.
Charged with what? Here that would be classed as an accident, nothing to be charged with, a matter for the insurance companies if there was damage to be paid for, otherwise you just continue on your way.

Hopefully the video showing that he was in no way at fault will help to avoid any trauma, but it is part of being human that an accident will stay in our brains for a while while our brains work out what to do about it, and it is important that we do learn from these experiences.

I think "the kid" did a fine job judging from his video.
And i hope he will keep my accident statistics, which mean it will be 30 years before something like this happen again.

Charged with what?
I can't recall what the ticket was written up for 40+ years later, only that I got one and the other older guy didn't. There were no damages- zero- which is why I couldn't understand that guy's insistence that the police be called in. Especially given he was doing the exact same thing as me reversing out of a diagonally opposed space looking over his shoulder. If there was anything to learn from it, it was that some people are a$$hats who take glee in causing other people problems needlessly :(

Phil

If there was anything to learn from it, it was that some people are a$$hats who take glee in causing other people problems needlessly :(

Phil
And that even if an accident isn't your fault, it is still best to avoid it!

PC-S kicked in AGAIN Monday morning

Didn't surprise me this time around as I've come to expect it

Back