A bunch of my own dash cam videos......

only happens when going over the railway tracks, anywhere else?

It only brakes over railroad tracks or when there's an actual vehicle ahead.

I mean, the system works when it's supposed to, but also when it's not supposed to (which is the real problem)

It only brakes over railroad tracks or when there's an actual vehicle ahead.

I mean, the system works when it's supposed to, but also when it's not supposed to (which is the real problem)
I have no knowledge of how that system works and clearly it shouldn't do what it's doing but my money would be on it being something to do with the powerlines above the tracks interfering with a sensor in your vehicle, maybe the sensor has an issue and is triggering from the electrical field, just a guess, don't quote me on that

How does it manage to produce the tire squealing noises every time, as though you are in a USA cop program on TV, or "Worst drivers of USA" TV? I had always assumed that those tire squealing noises are added sound effects, but maybe USA cars really do squeal their tires every time they brake or corner hard? I find it almost impossible to get my UK car to squeal it's tires, if I try by braking very heavily then I just get an ABS grinding noise!

How does it manage to produce the tire squealing noises every time, as though you are in a USA cop program on TV, or "Worst drivers of USA" TV? I had always assumed that those tire squealing noises are added sound effects, but maybe USA cars really do squeal their tires every time they brake or corner hard? I find it almost impossible to get my UK car to squeal it's tires, if I try by braking very heavily then I just get an ABS grinding noise!

The noise is most definitely real and not added.

And you're right, it usually wouldn't make a sound other than the ABS kicking in if it were on a flat surface, but because it's going over slipper steel rails, the tires make a loud screeching sound as it fights for grip.

It happened again this morning, but I'll post that vid tomorrow

And tonight's winner is........

i actually kinda like that cover of Nirvana - who did it?

Also i'm guessing you gave the victim a copy of the footage as well. Any bets on whether the white car driver will learn his lesson to just take the next exit and do a u-turn? i say the odds are about the same as winning the lottery.

i actually kinda like that cover of Nirvana - who did it?

Also i'm guessing you gave the victim a copy of the footage as well. Any bets on whether the white car driver will learn his lesson to just take the next exit and do a u-turn? i say the odds are about the same as winning the lottery.

Scott D. Davis (Rockfluence)
Must have album

Yes, I stopped to make sure they were both ok, then asked for the victim's number and told him I'd send him the footage.

He was sooo happy I got it.

Also had his insurance company call me for a statement (which I also recorded like every call).

As for the driver of the white Hyundai, he seemed apologetic and just said he was late for work.

Very cool, looks like a great album. Listening now on Spotify - In The End is better than expected.

Considering I live in one of the largest cities in the nation, I'm honestly surprised I haven't witnessed a wreck (not involving my own car) where my footage would be of any use. Mostly I just click save when I see something cool (exotic car, funny license plate, etc) or encounter a real dumbass driver.

As for the driver of the white Hyundai, he seemed apologetic and just said he was late for work.

Late for work? So he has driven this road/exit 100's of times. He should have his license revoked for half a year for being an idiot.

Poor situational awareness for sure, i have driven the same road to work for many years, but attempting to do it with my eyes closed or my brain disconnected i will never dare.

Probably a case of phoneitis. :rolleyes:

Thats a good example of right of weight.

Once making a left turn at a intersection, the guy behind me just followed me too nut a bit delayed maybe he was on the phone, anyway i made the turn in front of a oncoming car, but while i had ample time the car behind me dident.
So when i had made the turn and was well into #3 gear accelerating away from the intersection there was a big crash behind me.

And a few years ago i did exactly the same what you guy did, most embarrassing :oops:

Some old dash cam footage of my painter pulling my old beater Scion XB (the Sh!t Box) into the shop for a quick detail

He couldn't help but blast the horns lol

Windows are up, so they sound a bit muffled

Dash Cams used: BlueSkySea Mini0906 (x2)

Horns used: Nathan Airchime K3 @ 200psi

Dentis used: none (lol)

A short train horn installation video, followed by some dash cam footage of me giving them a little toot under an overpass

Hey with the location of the air tanks, one could say you are blowing hot air when you honk. :)

Last edited:
The location was actually chosen on purpose as the heat from the exhaust bumps up pressure 8-10psi :cool:

Also, the solenoids are mounted close to the manifolds to keep them from freezing during the winter ;)

I once had a frozen noid dump 10 gallons worth of ear splitting madness in the middle of midtown Manhattan :oops:

I couldn't get out of there fast enough lol

Last edited:
Spotted a couple of ricers rippin through traffic in their Civics while heading back to my shop :rolleyes:

They just happened to line up next to me, so I figured I'd show them a little minivan power and did a little sprint to 70 or so ;)

Bet they think their turds are fast as hell too lol

Back