A bunch of my own dash cam videos......

What is it actually doing? Obviously it doesn't do an emergency stop since you don't stop, bit hard to tell on the video, but obviously the brakes go on unexpectedly which could be dangerous. If it actually stopped in the middle of the train tracks then that could be very dangerous!

What happens if you go over at a different speed?

Can you tell your dealership to drive over those tracks so they can see it themselves?

No dealer nearby and Toyota wants ME to foot the bill to have it checked out, even though it's clearly a safety issue.
Even if I did, I'm sure they would find nothing wrong and it would just be a wasted day.

What is it actually doing? Obviously it doesn't do an emergency stop since you don't stop, bit hard to tell on the video, but obviously the brakes go on unexpectedly which could be dangerous. If it actually stopped in the middle of the train tracks then that could be very dangerous!

What happens if you go over at a different speed?

PCS activates and locks up the brakes suddenly for a split second while going over the railroad tracks

It doesn't always happen, but it happens often enough that I have to prepare myself for when it does and somehow try to avoid getting rear ended if someone is driving too close.

I've had it happen at random speeds typically under 20mph

Kinda reminds me of my dad's old Sequoia from over 10 years ago. On that car, the traction control would go nuts almost every time you turned into his driveway - beeping, flashing lights on the dash, and ABS pump going nuts. And it pretty much only happened on his driveway, not neighbors, or anything else. Obviously no PCS back then, but I have to wonder if another Sequoia of the same year would have done the same thing on his driveway. And I wonder if another sienna would do the same thing on those particular railroad tracks.

Short compilation video from yesterday

Couple of people run red lights, one oblivious driver in an SUV pulls out in front of me and a handy man loses his load

Someday someone will run into the back of you when it does that.
I think if it was here you might be found at fault for driving a dangerously faulty car!

Noticed this list of when the Toyota PCS doesn't work (second half of page). Must remember to keep away from Toyotas whenever I have an umbrella or pram!

Seems that maybe if you drive a bit faster and then gently apply the brake as you are going over the crossing then it may prevent it activating?

Doesn't seem to happen over 20mph, but then again, I really try not to go over the tracks that fast anyways

Happened again twice last night

Maybe that is because if you go over at more than 20, you always have your foot on the brake and it doesn't activate because you are already using the brake?

At least having your foot on the bake would give the person behind some warning!

Maybe that is because if you go over at more than 20, you always have your foot on the brake and it doesn't activate because you are already using the brake?

At least having your foot on the bake would give the person behind some warning!

I not 100%, but I'm pretty sure the brake lights turn one when the system is activated

That being said, after seeing the videos in my PCS playlist, Toyota is flying out a field tech to my local dealer and will be providing a loaner while it's being inspected

Here's another vid from this weekend (not related to the PCS issue)

PCS Kicked in again yesterday

Just keeping a log of all these videos for when I take it back to Toyota

Cops need to commandeer a couple of snow plows and then go head to head with punks like that, one refusal to stop and i assume its okay to use force.
I recon is just a matter of getting ahead of them, and them meet head on and show as little mercy and those guys show care.

And when did being a parasite become cool ? :rolleyes: i call for immediate attitude adjustment :mad:

It was probably the install of the front bumper water sprayer and/or airhorn that has something to do with it.

Nope

This was happening long before I installed anything

Back