A good quality dash cam?

Not my experience with three of them, unfortunately. :(

actually we just shipped to the USA so will be able to arrange to replace your faulty focus one next week, updated firmware should be about another 10 days to address some of the issues you've reported (a bunch of other stuff as well)

actually we just shipped to the USA so will be able to arrange to replace your faulty focus one next week, updated firmware should be about another 10 days to address some of the issues you've reported (a bunch of other stuff as well)

Thanks @jokiin! I'm surprised and delighted to hear of the unusually fast work on the next firmware update. Looking forward! I'm looking forward to the replacement too, which I didn't even actually ask for.
You know, I'm sorry to be reporting my negative experiences with the SG9665GC, although I do believe in the long run it is best to talk about such issues publicly. I've tried my best to discuss my experiences without any unnecessary or gratuitous "SG bashing". I admire and appreciate your openness and dedication to customer support, which indeed is one of the extremely unique and positive things one gets when buying a Street Guardian product.

Thanks @jokiin! I'm surprised and delighted to hear of the unusually fast work on the next firmware update. Looking forward!.

there's quite a long list of things that are being addressed, the source material you provided was very helpful, some things don't translate well but as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, having the whole engineering team together at the one time helps to speed the process

I'm looking forward to the replacement too, which I didn't even actually ask for..

it's not something you need to ask for, if the product has a fault we replace it, it's just unfortunate that as per the first one you got when we worked out you had a problem we were actually out of stock, otherwise it would have happened sooner, apologies for that but something we just couldn't control unfortunately, it frustrates me just as much as it would you when I can't get something sorted quickly

You know, I'm sorry to be reporting my negative experiences with the SG9665GC, although I do believe in the long run it is best to talk about such issues publicly. I've tried my best to discuss my experiences without any unnecessary or gratuitous "SG bashing". I admire and appreciate your openness and dedication to customer support, which indeed is one of the extremely unique and positive things one gets when buying a Street Guardian product.

I have no issue with anyone with problems sharing that, how would we ever hope to improve our products if nobody ever reported problems, it's for everyone's benefit that we get to address these problems, the nature of electronics means there will always be something that needs to be improved, there is no perfect product, all we can hope for is for people to share their experience and work with us to make the products better, we have lots of improvements still to come and new products we are working on now and this is all key in helping us to make better products, the market is full of half baked products from people that don't care, that's not where we want to be at all, we're in this for the long haul

Last edited:
@jokiin, With your attitude towards customer satisfaction and constant improvement of a already great product, I'm sold. Where else can you get service like this after you've hand over your money?

we still have plenty to do, even one year on with the GC there are things we need to improve, it's all about making sure we make those improvements, sometimes things don't go to plan or we get let down in some way by external suppliers, component issues etc, frustrating when that happens but it's the nature of the business I guess, while we can't always control that we still need to make it right for the customer, working with the right distributors is what makes the difference here, ask anyone that distributes our product and they'll tell you making sure customer service is done right is a key focus for us

Negative is good too, that mean there is room for improvement.
And as long as what you hear about your work isent all negative its worth to get out of bed every morning and carry on.

Back