A Much-Needed DashCam Option

Well, I am looking for one with a rear camera. I only have the front camera one right now. I know that the Thinkware has a lto of extra features, and a better rear camera, etc, etc but is it really worth it? Its the same with phones. Sure, the Iphone is fancy but is it worth 700 bucks? I usually just go with a mid range $200 LG and am fine

If I was looking to get one between the two you'd mentioned, I'd get the F770. Maybe buffered parking mode doesn't interest you but a better rear and front camera should.

Or you could leave the current front camera as is and get one for the rear.

I just signed up to this group, but I think Packetfire had a good point. Though I don't feel the idea is an urgent necessity, its a good one nonetheless. Also, don't pretend that half the dash cams out there aren't cheaply slapped together in China. With the exception of some, like Rexing.

Well, Packetfire made several points so I'm not sure which one exactly you are referring to.
  • He asserts that dash cams only really need to record about 15-20 minutes of footage. (Not so for a great many of us.)
  • He asserts that nobody ever watches any footage beyond or other than what might occur just before and just after an automobile accident, including parking mode. (see a good example HERE disproving that notion. - Others have different examples and reasoning.)
  • He asserts that dash cams "chew up" numerous memory cards per year. (not true in any way whatsover)
  • He asserts that the entire dash cam industry has got it ALL wrong making "a basic and costly error" by designing dash cams that use microSD cards. (Nah, there is good reason they are designed with removable memory, not that least of which is the ability to store, move and transfer files without having to remove the entire camera from your vehicle.)
  • He makes no mention of dash cams being "cheaply slapped together in China". (I made no mention of this either, so I'm not clear why you mention this when quoting me.)
The general consensus among every experienced long time dash cam user who responded to this thread is that we don't agree with @Packetfire on all points.

Last edited:
Back