A used Rear veiw backup camera assembly

KimRabah

Reaction score
Country
Lebanon
I recently bought a used backup camera kit used from some guy off olx, but im having some trouble connecting the camera to the screen. I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what im missing out on or if something isnt provided with the kit. Ill attach some photos of all the components.
I attaches the negative and positive pole to a battery, and powered the screen but i cant seem to know how to connect the camera to it. i tried using a 3.5mm to 2.5mm and stick it in the only input of the screen but that didnt work either

Attachments

• 1517480402270-1773101575.jpg
    1517480402270-1773101575.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 1517480418885-2104939218.jpg
    1517480418885-2104939218.jpg
    692 bytes · Views: 19
  • 1517481142317653410285.jpg
    1517481142317653410285.jpg
    692 bytes · Views: 14
Can't open 2nd and 3rd picture to see all wires / cables / plugs connections. Try to upload again.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

well im not at home right now but the camera has a male 3.5mm jack and the lcd has 2 rca's a white and a yellow plus 2 power connectors and a green wire for the taillight connnection

Can't open 2nd and 3rd picture to see all wires / cables / plugs connections. Try to upload again.

i also spliced the camera wire and found 3 wires, black red and yellow. i connected the yellow to and rca tip lead and the ground to and extra wire and the other rca wire, and the red wire to another wire. i can now connect everything together and the positive of the camera and the green wire to the taillight.
everything is working fine, and i can veiw using the camera, but my only concern is a blue menu that says "bluetooth connecting" and then "connection failed" for about 5 seconds everytime the rearveiw is engaged. if u can help me with this message to disappear i would be grateful!

try and get into the menu and disable bluetooth if you aren't going to use it
i already tried but no avail. the menu only has brightness, contrast, tint and volume settings

This is some similar device, try to do something like that maybeit works
I found it here
Image1.jpg

thx alo

thx alot i got the bluetooth working, but how do i disable the popup now?
Well maybe it's not meant to be disabled?:unsure:
Try to pair it with your phone, maybe it stays quiet after that even if you don't need it.;)
PS. there is still something wrong with your photos.

Try to pair it with your phone, maybe it stays quiet after that even if you don't need it.;)
well thx again for the help, and ye i just realized my photos arent uploading correctly, ill have to live with the popup for now, scrsa chinese engineering
thx alot for ur help, i really appreciate it

Back