A118 not recording GPS data

PIFOUCAM

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello,

I bought a A118 but when I "active" the GPS function on the menu, I can see the speed on the display but no separate file is created on the SDCard, I only have video files but when I want to read with lots of gps dashcam software, It never found the GPS data and asks for another file type then I can only have the video+sound but no gps information.

My firmware is : A118.20150403 , do you know if a better firmware to be able to record GPS data exists or another solution ?

Thanks for your help :)

Try RegistratorViewer

I already tested the registratorviewer but i only have the video, is there a special setup to see the gps data ?

There is a menu said "my dashcam has gps" into RegistratorViewer

I am recording new files and I saw that gps was red at 0km/h on display, I just deactivate and activate while driving and now speed is correct in green, then I will check new files to see if gps is now recorded.

Allow some time for the gps to fix when you start driving. Sometimes it stays red for a few minutes at the beginning of driving

In fact I was already driving to my work since 30 minutes and It was always red, but the cam is behind the central miror then I can't see the display when driving, I had to move the miror to see.

GPS was green until the end of my drive then I should have good files to check after work.

Is there a Android apk as registratorviewer to see video files on smartphone or tablet ?

The files are correctly working with gps data when I record in 3min sequences, the defectives files are 5min, I will do other tests to see if it can works in 5min sequences too

There is no reason not to work in 5min sequences. I'm in 5min sequences on my 3 units A118.
Try to format SD card again.

http://www.registratorviewer.com/download_en.html
This is the site I used. It has a Dowload link which sets off Google chrome warnings. It didn't even get to my Norton. So, I clicked on the Mirror1 download link and that failed with a "network error". I then clicked on the Mirror2 link and that link downloaded fine. I did a scan with norton on the downloaded file and it was cleared. I think the main download link is based in Russian that is what causes all the warnings. The other mirror links may be located elsewhere.
2015-12-08_205856_zpsb0p11jbf.jpg

2015-12-08_205856x_zpsosffixee.jpg

Was this ever resolved. I have a similar issue where GPS is green on the camera but does not show up in Registrator Viewer or Driving Recorder Player. I have tried old/new firmware and the GPS is always green with km/h when recording but the playback files never show the data.

I purchased two different GPS modules for my 118C and neither worked. When they were plugged in, it said "NO GPS". GPS was enabled in the menu too. It also caused my cam to reboot every couple minutes and it created several corrupt files. So, I just gave up on the GPS functions. Without that, there is little reason to use Registrator Viewer as far as I know.

I have bought Viofo A118C along with GPS antenna which goes into AV in socket. DVR is showing car speed in green colour. But suing playback iam got getting the gps on google maps? I have the latest firmware from Viofo. what could be the reason. iam recording in 1 min clips. iam using registrator viewer 6.0.0.8.

Back