A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

Thanks Tommy, I have edited my previous post.

Which question ? About same model without screen ?
I have no idea about this

I've watched my review.... it's just bull**** :confused:
My english so bad... the review seems to be a little boring.
I'm thinking about removing it and making another one :oops:

EDIT : thanks for compliments about my english, but when I hear all my language mistakes, I just want to hide and disappear for 1 year :D
Example : "What is look likes" should be "what it looks like"o_O

I will leave this review online and do another one to show you how I have mounted the A118 this evening at the back of my car Renault Kangoo.

I can understand you perfectly. You can always add some background music using the YouTube editor. You can also trim and or edit many other things in the cloud as well. YouTube is constantly adding new editing features and ability every week. 20 minutes is pushing it but for the people that are seriously interested I'm sure they will watch the entire thing

I've watched my review.... it's just bull**** :confused:
My english so bad... the review seems to be a little boring.
I'm thinking about removing it and making another one :oops:

EDIT : thanks for compliments about my english, but when I hear all my language mistakes, I just want to hide and disappear for 1 year :D
Example : "What is look likes" should be "what it looks like"o_O

I will leave this review online and do another one to show you how I have mounted the A118 this evening at the back of my car Renault Kangoo.

In case u dont like to hear your English, try listen it after few pints of Beer, - it sure helps me :)

No problem undestanding you at all Chris, pas de probleme avec englese ( and now the Little french i know is more or less out of the bag )

Only thing i will mention is the attension to Space above the dashcam, i think that if there is room for the USB cable to be plugged in there is room enuff to remove the dashcam. ( many will proberly insert USB plug in Dashcam before they slide it onto the mount, witch in turn might need a little more space )

It allways sound funny to listen to one self on recordings, i have allways been like ???? my voice is deeper than that.

No problem undestanding you at all Chris, pas de probleme avec englese ( and now the Little french i know is more or less out of the bag )

Only thing i will mention is the attension to Space above the dashcam, i think that if there is room for the USB cable to be plugged in there is room enuff to remove the dashcam. ( many will proberly insert USB plug in Dashcam before they slide it onto the mount, witch in turn might need a little more space )

It allways sound funny to listen to one self on recordings, i have allways been like ???? my voice is deeper than that.

... needed space for usb plug is about 2cm if its L-shape or 4cm if its straight.

Here is my review.
Sorry about my poor english, I can write english much better than I speak :eek:

Your English was very good. There was an accent, but not so bad that I couldn't understand what you were saying.
If you plan on remaking the review, here's a few tips:
Plan, list what you plan to be talking about
Be more concise, try not to have long pauses or blanks and if you do, cut them out
You can do what Techmoan does and do a VoiceOver over footage you recorded, you can eliminate pauses because you can read off a script
Also a general thumb of rule, if you want to keep the viewer's attention, you should try to keep everything short and the overall vids should be around 10 mins if you're doing a in-depth review (a little over/under is fine)

Check out Techmoan on YouTube, he's a very good reviewer.

Sorry about my poor english, I can write english much better than I speak :eek:

No problem at all - I understood everything you said perfectly and many thanks for your contributions and comparisons on the A118 and 0803.

I definitely preferred the A118 video compared to the 0803 video, but I really do want/need GPS - hopefully jokiin's predictions of an A118 or equivalant with GPS being available in the near future will come to fruition sooner rather than later.

Glare on the windshield/screen...I noticed today my car has massive amounts of glare (really reflection) even with a black dash. He has a black dash as well but uses a dash carpeted mat. It is one you get customized for your car. It does not look bad so I might get it. He should me the reflection with it off and when installed, it was almost non-existent. Sunny Bright Florida lol I had 70 percent tint installed on my windshield and the reflection was still there. I ripped it while removing my gps mount DUH.

Glare on the windshield/screen...I noticed today my car has massive amounts of glare (really reflection) even with a black dash. He has a black dash as well but uses a dash carpeted mat. It is one you get customized for your car. It does not look bad so I might get it. He should me the reflection with it off and when installed, it was almost non-existent. Sunny Bright Florida lol I had 70 percent tint installed on my windshield and the reflection was still there. I ripped it while removing my gps mount DUH.

I'm sure someone will DIY a CPL filter to cut the reflection. The problem is this unit hugs the window so close, not much room for CPL.

Chris-s don't knock yourself out. You provided a very useful review that answered a lot of questions. No one expects or needs it to be broadcast perfect. So thank you. You did good.

I have a Mobius and have been very pleased with it but I also want GPS. I bought the Mobius prior to a long trip last year and recorded most of the journey - some corrupted vid probably caused by heat or mem card.

I'm doing similar journey in mid July and have been watching the 0803 posts since they started. It looked to be the ideal cam but I've become very concerned with comments on here, particularly about the mount but also not impressed by vid quality yet.

So I looked at other products and took a liking to the Panorama II S. A bit pricey and not sure about the size and fisheye. Don't want to buy and then not like how obvious it is in windscreen and the fisheye effect. I leave the Mobius permanently in situ.

I then discovered this thread just as it started and have been watching it since. Really love the design but like others want GPS.

As time is running out I can't wait for other products, particularly if they have to come from the other side of the world. The price of the A118 is, like the product, very attractive, so I'm thinking of ordering one and will seek an alternative GPS solution.

I'm looking for software/app that will read gpx files and display speed. For my GPS I've been using a free app by WorkInField/VEZMA on my Android phone to track my journeys and it does a very good job. It can export a journey as a gpx (or other format) and I can then see the route on Google Earth but I also want to see my speed at any point like you can in Dashcam Viewer. I'll just keep looking.

Chris your English is much better than many English people these days so it's all good :)

Niko seeing as you've had this and many others how did this compare to the GT680W please as they're a similar platform? The same or is the lens better on the A118 type camera you had?

Mine is not from Foxoffer. There are few trading companies who has them ( different assembly- and maybe different hardware quality ). So Its too early to say from my side.

On my side, what I can say is that picture is very sharp and detailed even in the edges/corners.
That is a good perfomance for a wide angle lens.

ebay have it now,I saw somebody begin to sell it

ebay have it now,I saw somebody begin to sell it

Why you said: " I saw somebody begin to sell it " ?. This "somebody" is your shop. Why being sneaky ?
You introduced your eBay shop on vendors section: Sep 6, 2013 ;)

Also I can see you copied model name A118, which is Foxoffer marking of this model. The real model name is B40. It's even written on the firmware:

B40 FW.jpg

These small sellers are just opportunists, they don't make an order, they just go to the local market and buy, the stock is often from rejected orders, hand samples, refurbished stock etc, failure rate is high and service and support non existent

Regardless of the make or model the same goes on, yet another reason to buy from known sources with some history

These small sellers are just opportunists, they don't make an order, they just go to the local market and buy, the stock is often from rejected orders, hand samples, refurbished stock etc, failure rate is high and service and support non existent

Regardless of the make or model the same goes on, yet another reason to buy from known sources with some history

I agree, trying to buy the lowest price cam, isn't the cheapest in the long run. Time is money, and returns to China are expensive as well. (if they even cooperate with your RMA request) That's what makes this forum great so potential new customers can to do deeper research.

Back