A118 Novatek 96650 Full HD 1080P Car Camera DVR

Waiting on an email from Fox Offer. I want to pay with PayPal and ship to my office in Hong Kong 30 miles away lol PayPal will not allow a direct ship other than my USA address. They can overnight it to me for my vacation coming up this Friday I am driving interstate I do not want to feel naked :). Getting the A118. Oh and EBay bites

EDIT 2014-06-13 : no more overheating issue, read this :
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...d-1080p-car-camera-dvr.5647/page-7#post-69551

I think that the battery of my A118 has burned because of high temperature.
Today we had 35°C.
It is strange because my 0803 is still alive...

I've all my last files corrupted (when I turn off the key of the car).
It appears that the battery does not charging any more.
I can't turn on the dashcam, it shuts down immediately, even if power is connected.

But, if I plug the power, the dashcam starts and records as long as I need, but last file is corrupted...

Is is possible to replace the battery by a super-capacitor on this model ?

Last edited:
It is designed for 60 C WTF I just paid and will be in my Hong Kong office tomorrow. I expect it here in Florida, Thursday

60c is 140F

35c is 95F THAT is my ambient average temp in Florida.

35°C was the temperature outside.
Probably more temp close to the window :cool:

35 deg :eek: how about sending some of that up North.

The battery shouldn't have failed that quickly should it?! Would it be easier to get FoxOffer to change it as maybe it's just a faulty unit?

chris-s , what about your review if, after watching it , I decided to buy one A118 ? I think it was very clear . I would have some questions . Does it work with a 64 GB microSD card ? In the specs I have spoted that it has 170 degree lens,but in the presentation footage (at Foxoffer site ) the fisheye effect ( that I don't like at all at dashcams ...) is very hard to observe . Are you the same opinion ? Why , if my opinion is true ? One capacitor would be welcome and I am waiting for MARINE s montage (DIY ? ).

Of course I will post pics. In French to honor Chris :p

chris-s , what about your review if, after watching it , I decided to buy one A118 ? I think it was very clear . I would have some questions . Does it work with a 64 GB microSD card ? In the specs I have spoted that it has 170 degree lens,but in the presentation footage (at Foxoffer site ) the fisheye effect ( that I don't like at all at dashcams ...) is very hard to observe . Are you the same opinion ? Why , if my opinion is true ? One capacitor would be welcome and I am waiting for MARINE s montage (DIY ? ).
64GB would probably work on FAT32 but there is no certitude. You just have to try.
All wide angle dashcams have a fisheye effect.
The G1W has pretty no fisheye effect but has also a little lack of view on the sides.
I really like the angle of 0803 and A118.
Yes, there is a fisheye effect but it is limited, and it is not visible as you do not pay attention to this/.
Look at these screenshots taken into my garage :
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...d-1080p-car-camera-dvr.5647/page-2#post-68745

Of course I will post pics. In French to honor Chris :p
Do you really plan to replace battery by capacitor ?
Am I right if I say that it is possible to replace battery by a capacitor on all dashcams, if the size of the capacitor is not a problem ?
As my rear camera will always stay in place and as I have space to put the capacitor outside, what should be the capacitor specifications to make the dashcam work 10s after cutting power source?

64GB would probably work on FAT32 but there is no certitude. You just have to try.
All wide angle dashcams have a fisheye effect.
The G1W has pretty no fisheye effect but has also a little lack of view on the sides.
I really like the angle of 0803 and A118.
Yes, there is a fisheye effect but it is limited, and it is not visible as you do not pay attention to this/.
Look at these screenshots taken into my garage :
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...d-1080p-car-camera-dvr.5647/page-2#post-68745

Am I right if I say that it is possible to replace battery by a capacitor on all dashcams, if the size of the capacitor is not a problem ?
As my rear camera will always stay in place and as I have space to put the capacitor outside, what should be the capacitor specifications to make the dashcam work 10s after cutting power source?

I have tested with 64Gb Samsung MicroSDXC formatted into Fat32. Works well.

I've sent an email to Foxoffer.
Just asked to have a battery replacement, probably the battery was defektive.

Inside there is a 300mAh battery.

New review, in english again but I think much better than the first.

Here is about mounting the A118 to the rear window.

You will also see a sample test footage by day & night (tunnel)

LOL where did it really say I was going to do that. I barely can screw on a light bulb. I thought he meant I was going to post pics of the A118 installed.

I think that the battery of my A118 has burned because of high temperature.
Today we had 35°C.
It is strange because my A0803 is still alive...

I've all my last files corrupted (when I turn off the key of the car).
It appears that the battery does not charging any more.
I can't turn on the dashcam, it shuts down immediately, even if power is connected.

But, if I plug the power, the dashcam starts and records as long as I need, but last file is corrupted...

Is is possible to replace the battery by a super-capacitor on this model ?
May I ask a stupid question... Have you tried the 'Reset' button on the side to see if it makes any difference?

No, but the battery icon was red crossed... not good !

Oh great now the cam lens wont stay put where you set it?

No, but the battery icon was red crossed... not good !
There is not much worse than a red crossed battery icon....:(
apart from the red crossed wife!!!:mad:

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. I live in a perpetual doghouse. Never can fully please a woman. I meant NO MAN can ever fully please a woman lol

Last edited:
Back