[A118] Wrong date of files since 2016

Still no answer from Foxoffer about a new firmware for battery version.
I'm very disappointed about @FoxOffer.
There was a better service last year :(
I will check this soon.
In 2016, we will give better support for firmware, will upload all the new firmware on VIOFO.COM.

Posted few days ago on the other thread, my post got ... lost somehow.

B40 (battery version) WITH GPS, latest firmware available (I think it's A118(B40)-0523V01-FW.zip), started again after 1st of January 2016. If GPS disconnected, time settings stays on 2016 (after manual setup). If GPS connected, year jumps back to 2015.

Any chance for a new working firmware?

Thanks.

A 'Fix' for my A118 2016 date problem...

My A118 came from Foxoffer in 2014 had the same date problem - won't stay on 2016.
The firmware is 40.20141027.001

Foxoffer support advised that it can't be upgraded via firmware and needed sending back to China for repair.
Find that hard to believe, but whatever, fat chance, slim hope of me doing that...

Seems from others here that its the GPS clock that's messing it up, so I decided to switch the GPS off in the software (easier than uplugging the connector on my rig).
Set the correct date/year, and (much as expected) it holds the date correctly, and records just fine.

Better still though is that when I put the files in Registrator Viewer to play back, the GPS data (map and speed) are still there.

I don't know what the software GPS ON/OFF switch actually does, but switching it OFF seems to fix the year problem, and leaves my GPS functioning.

Thought it might be useful tip if you happen to have the same firmware, or even to experiment with, if experiencing the same problem.

Unimpressed with FoxOffer support though - I'll look elsewhere for my next camera.

A 'Fix' for my A118 2016 date problem...

Seems from others here that its the GPS clock that's messing it up, so I decided to switch the GPS off in the software (easier than uplugging the connector on my rig).
Set the correct date/year, and (much as expected) it holds the date correctly, and records just fine.

Better still though is that when I put the files in Registrator Viewer to play back, the GPS data (map and speed) are still there.

I don't know what the software GPS ON/OFF switch actually does, but switching it OFF seems to fix the year problem, and leaves my GPS functioning.

Thought it might be useful tip if you happen to have the same firmware, or even to experiment with, if experiencing the same problem.

maybe a coding error but looks like it has bypassed the date issue nicely for you

would be worthwhile as a test
Can't test on the dashcam of my wife.

I've tested on my personal A118, you are right, the SG9665GPS is working like a battery firmware.
I was wrong :oops:

Thanks for help

There is a testing firmware to fix that, I will share while I have better internet connection.
Nice to read this. The previous answer about sending back the camera was... strange.
I hope it will also work on 2017, 2018, etc...

For other people who want to use GPS now without waiting for an update from @FoxOffer, you can use the Streetguardian SG9665GM firmware posted there :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bwmttompwg6fq29/SG9665GPS.rar

Tested on my A118, works fine.

daedalus: thanks for sharing! Will try that.

FoxOffer: any news?! There are already 5 month, hopefully you managed to solve internet connection problems during this time. :peacefingers:

PS: in the meantime, I've seen two firmware files for A118 and A118C - have you tested them? Do you still have the clock issue with these?

Thanks!

PPS: I don't receive notification emails from forum, have to check that.

daedalus: thanks for sharing! Will try that.

FoxOffer: any news?! There are already 5 month, hopefully you managed to solve internet connection problems during this time. :peacefingers:

PS: in the meantime, I've seen two firmware files for A118 and A118C - have you tested them? Do you still have the clock issue with these?

Thanks!

PPS: I don't receive notification emails from forum, have to check that.

which version do you have, battery or capacitor, with or without GPS?

For the battery version the date issue was sorted a while back

It was sorted for 2015, in 2016 it happened again. see current topic.

In the meantime, yesterday I discovered that my microSD (SanDisk Ultra 32 GB HCI, Class 10+) just died, showing not formated and not allowing me to format. RIP.

Sandisk is not a suitable card for this model

Try turning GPS off in the menu, depending on the firmware version you have you may find that everything still works but it will disable time sync and stop the date from resetting

jokiin, thanks for the tip, I will try this also, although I would have liked to have GPS time sync functioning properly.

First I will try latest firmware(s) from specific thread, I think I will risk the A118C on the battery version.

In the meantime I oredered two days ago another A118, this time the capacitor version (A118C) and GPS module for my other car (old GS1000 clone is at his EOL).

Sandisk was OK for more than 18 month (and over 1.000 hours of loop recording). I think it's also it's EOL. :)

I don't have gps on either of my a118's and I've never had to reset the clock. It's always pretty much right on after the first time I set it. I don't even bother changing it for daylight savings. Mostly because I'm lazy but also because it's not that important to me that it's perfectly synchronized with the wwv in Boulder, CO. :D

It's exactly the point: you did not have time problems because you don't have GPS! :)

It's exactly the point: you did not have time problems because you don't have GPS! :)
no, i was saying that the clock in the unit is pretty accurate. i've had other clocks drift by a few minutes per month, which gets annoying after a while. one of them was the factory clock built into the dash of my car!

Back