a119 boot loop issue

ziporpor

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi all,
since last week my viofo a119 is in a state of boot loop, starting up and after about 10 seconds the screen starts to flicker and the camera resets itself and the all process repeats itself.
i tried to connect to another car with different cable and the problem happens there as well.
when i try to connect to an electric plug at home, the problem is not happening.

i upgraded the firmware to the latest version (v3.91) but it didn't help.

any idea what i can do?

Thanks

Hi,
the camera is connected directly to the cigarette adapter that came with the camera with the original cable.
i connected the camera to an identical cable and cigarette adapter that i have in another car and that works good but in the second car the camera didn't worked as well which made me think that the issue is in the camera itself.

when i try to connect to an electric plug at home, the problem is not happening.
try to use the same short cable that came with the camera in a car.

@borik, tried it now and with the short cable it works with no issues :unsure:

@borik, tried it now and with the short cable it works with no issues :unsure:
the long cable that comes with the camera is 22AWG, and you need a charge only cable for a car if you can find one. 24AWG probably would work as well. try to replace a cable but test it first. I think the long cable length is about 11ft.

any idea why it stopped working? it worked perfectly with the long cable for almost 2 years and suddenly those issues arise

any idea why it stopped working? it worked perfectly with the long cable for almost 2 years and suddenly those issues arise
could be the USB cable connectors, you may try to clean each one, might help. my first miniUSB cable end just melted and the metal came off the cable when I tried to unplug it from the camera within the first 2 months of use.

The cable is most likely to break or deteriorate at the connector, particularly if it has to flex there. If your are powering through the GPS mount, you might try powering direct to the camera side port, GPS may still work. Sometimes the GPS mount connection deteriorates. Otherwise, I would try to buy a genuine Viofo A119 replacement cable. https://www.viofo.com/14-accessories. You get the 12 to 5Vdc converter also. Your local seller might have them too. Reputable US vendors and forum members @CaptureYourAction and @OCD Tronic sell on Amazon.com and may carry them in stock.

Yeah, we have it available on eBay, but might be better to buy from the Viofo site if it’s shipping to Israel.

Back