A119 Firmware

no name "archivator", the only names are these after unzip the downloaded archive :

FWBA119.bin : 4067216 bytes, md5 sum : 59626b542f2ac4a9a0e6607ebeb8f770
LDBA119.bin : 32768 bytes ( 32 Kb ), md5 sum : c4680407d76d07eb19222b1c4724d0fd
Releasenote.txt : 2901 bytes
Update Instructions.txt : 802 bytes
Thanks for the reply, the reason I asked you is that about a month ago I also had same problem as you that the settings would not hold. And I found out also with the help of Capture Your Action who gave me a few reasons it didn't work. hope you got it ok now.

I GOT THAT WORD NEXT TO THE BIN WHEN I USED 7ZIP TO UNZIP IT and the way it worked ok to load the loader was only when I saw that word so then I knew I succeeded to unzip it properly

I have just reflashed my A119 to v2.0 , and this time I have clicked on "reset to the default values" in the menu

I hope it will fix my problem,

maybe the format warning screen can occur in other circumstances ?
for example when a memory card is almost full ? ( my 128 Gb card is almost full, the available space is 1 Gb )
or when there is a power problem ( low voltage in the car for example ) ?

I have just reflashed my A119 to v2.0 , and this time I have clicked on "reset to the default values" in the menu

for example when a memory card is almost full ? ( my 128 Gb card is almost full, the available space is 1 Gb )
Not sure, but it can and has appeared after updating when users don't default their settings. You should be good to go.

I GOT THAT WORD NEXT TO THE BIN WHEN I USED 7ZIP TO UNZIP IT and the way it worked ok to load the loader was only when I saw that word so then I knew I succeeded to unzip it properly
Maybe that's a 7ZIP thing. I don't recall ever seeing it before. I use WinZip.

If you reboot and if your settings are still ok then its fixed.

Hello guys,

Just signed up because I recently got this dashcam and wanted to update the firmware, however Viofo's site is down and I read every post in this thread but there's only a dropbox file with the .bin in there, can someone host the firmware in OP's message with the loader and the firmware as well in another site?

Thanks a lot

Hello guys,

Just signed up because I recently got this dashcam and wanted to update the firmware, however Viofo's site is down and I read every post in this thread but there's only a dropbox file with the .bin in there, can someone host the firmware in OP's message with the loader and the firmware as well in another site?

Thanks a lot
You can download it at my site under the download section.

You can download it at my site under the download section.
Thanks, I went to your site but when I went to the Viofo firmware download section, the clickable link for firmware v2 points to Viofo's website:

YRmgXL3.png

Thank you!

I still have this bug even after reseting the default value,

during the last 15 days I didn't use my A119, then today I decide to use my A119 and I see again this bug : a format warning reminder when I plug my dashcam on car : "for your safety a format is necessary, format : cancel, Ok",

every 15 days I have a "format warning reminder", this is not normal, because I have disabled this option in the menu,

the flash procedure was correctly done ( new loader, new firmware 2.0, and default reset ), so there is clearly a bug about this feature "format warning", for an unknown reason the choice of the user is not respected ( this setting was on "OFF" position in the menu ),

so please Viofo : check in the source code of the firmware if the part related to this feature "format warning" is really correct, I highly suspect a bug,

maybe the format warning occurs automatically if the memory card is almost full ? ( my 128 Gb card is full at 99%, the available space is 1 Gb, and I suspect that firmware 2.0 automatically trigger this format warning every 15 days when the memory card is almost full, even if the user has decided to set this option to "off" ),

it would be great if the source code of the firmware of A119 will be available to the public, a public open source licence, in order to let independant developpers to spot and correct themself the bugs,

I still don't understand the purpose of this feature "format warning reminder", why viofo suggests to the user to format every 15 days the memory card ?
it seems to me useless, because a dashcam is designed to record videos in a loop ( like black boxes in airplane, older files will be automatically replaced by new files, without the need of a reformat )

Last edited:
Maybe this bug is only because you didn't used the dashcam for a long time?

enjoy,
Mtz

Maybe this bug is only because you didn't used the dashcam for a long time?

enjoy,
Mtz

if it's right then it's an hidden feature, not documented in the manual,

it is still an useless feature, it doesn't make sense to trigger this format warning when a product is not used for 15 days, the memory card has still the same "health" like 15 days before,

when you use your PC I suppose you don't want that windows 10 suggests you to format your hard drive/ssd because the PC was not used for 15 days

I notice also another bug which seems related to this "format card warning reminder" bug :

- when this bug occurs then the dashcam will not record the first segment, even if the "rec" button shows the contrary,

to be clear :

- I start the engine : the dahscam will wake up
- immediatly I get the "format warning reminder"
- I click on "cancel" in order to suppress this warning
- then the dashcam seems to start the recording ( all seems ok, "rec" button is light, no beep sound, I can see the rec icon on the LCD screen )

when I check the memory card at home I notice that in reality the first segment is not recorded, the first 3 minutes of my trip is missing :

2016_1203_213001_359.MP4
2016_1203_214511_360.MP4 <------ 14 days ago
2016_1217_143811_362.MP4 <------ today
2016_1217_144111_363.MP4
2016_1217_144411_364.MP4
2016_1217_144712_365.MP4

the missing file is "2016_1217_xxxxxx_361.MP4", you can see that the number "361" is missing, we see numbers : "360" ( 14 days before ), and it jumps directly to 362 instead of 361, I think it's a serious bug,

I use a 128 Gb memory card, maybe 128 Gb cards are not supported by A119 ?

this can explain all these weird bugs ( format card reminder, missing video file when the 128 Gb memory card is almost full )

Oficially the 128GB cards are not supported. But even with this, maybe they will solve this problem.

enjoy,
Mtz

I think the chipset of A119 should works with 128 Gb card, but there is clearly a bug in A119 firmware when the 128 Gb card is almost full,

every 15 days a format reminder occurs and when this format warning is displayed then the current video segment is "forgotten" or "erased" by the next video segment,

it will be easy to reproduce this second bug : when the format warning occurs check after your trip if you notice a missing video segment on the memory card, for example if you see this kind of thing :

2016_xxxxxx_250.mp4
2016_xxxxxx_252.mp4
2016_xxxxxx_253.mp4

then you have the same bug ( here in this example it's the number "251" which is missing in the memory card )

Back