A119 Firmware

1a. you don't have to format the card if you're sure it has Fat32 file system. the .bin file is small in size and most likely will fit in it.

Thanks again both for your most helpful comments.......

I am curious if there are any new firmware releases coming soon?

Not that i have noticed any bugs with mine (STI_A119_170221_V2.02) (the STI part is SPYTEC - They apend the SPYTEC Splash Screen On start up and default to MPH instead of KPH)

I Don't remember if I was on 2.0 or 2.01 when I received my cam, but first incorrectly loaded the VIOFO 2.02 firmware and not the SpyTec. It still worked there were just differences I just noted.)

I am curious if there are any new firmware releases coming soon?

Not that i have noticed any bugs with mine (STI_A119_170221_V2.02) (the STI part is SPYTEC - They apend the SPYTEC Splash Screen On start up and default to MPH instead of KPH)

I Don't remember if I was on 2.0 or 2.01 when I received my cam, but first incorrectly loaded the VIOFO 2.02 firmware and not the SpyTec. It still worked there were just differences I just noted.)
The default settings is not same.

Hi, recently got 3 units of the A119 (with GPS module) together with Lexar 300X 64GB memory cards. All 3 units displayed "memory error" with the Lexar cards after a few days of recording. Swapped the cards between the units and still had the same error. The cards were formatted within the A119. Firmware is 2017.2.21 V2.02 (out of the box).

I thought the Lexar 300x cards were suitable for A119. Any solutions? An older firmware perhaps? Thanks in advance!

Hi, recently got 3 units of the A119 (with GPS module) together with Lexar 300X 64GB memory cards. All 3 units displayed "memory error" with the Lexar cards after a few days of recording. Swapped the cards between the units and still had the same error. The cards were formatted within the A119. Firmware is 2017.2.21 V2.02 (out of the box).

I thought the Lexar 300x cards were suitable for A119. Any solutions? An older firmware perhaps? Thanks in advance!

I have those cards in my unit that has been firmware updated to the latest version and they work fine. I suspect that your cards are either not formatted properly or there's an issue with the batch of cards you got.

are you able to us them in your PC?

I'm a new owner, but I've tried to read a lot of the firmware thread history to catch up.

I have a few comments:

- It seems people have issues with LDWS affecting performance. If these features make the cam work unreliably there should be some kind of "beta" marker on the UI so you know before turning them on. I shouldn't have to guess which features are "safe" to use on a dashcam that I may need to rely on in an accident.

- Today was my first day with the A119. Somehow it got into a state where the red "Rec" LED was on, but the dashcam was not recording -- the red icon on the screen was not blinking. This is very dangerous. I never want to have a false impression that the cam is recording when really it isn't. It is also going to be a pain to use the camera if I can't be confident in this and I have to manually check it every time I start the car. Does this happen often or is this not typical? Unfortunately I do not recall the exact sequence of events that caused this to happen. For safety, maybe the firmware should have code that forces the LED off any time the record routine hasn't reset a timer within the last 3 seconds. This way the LED could never stay in the wrong state for more than a few seconds.

Last edited:
Hello!
I noticed my A119 began about a week ago to restart by itself every few 2-5 minutes. Today I noticed it doesn't even boot, but it remains locked there where you can see the VIOFO logo in the start. I took the memory card card out, stopped it, start it again and then put the card back and so on. But nothing! It just doesn't want to start.
Is my unit bricked now? Should I send it for any warranty? Took it from AliExpress

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

It flashes when recording, solid when paused

Mine is doing the opposite, when it is recording:
  • The red on-screen indicator flashes
  • The rec LED button is solid
When it is not recording:
  • No on-screen indicator
  • Rec led light is blinking as a warning
This is fine, except that it got into a state where it was a) not recording and b) rec LED was solid, so I thought it was recording but it was not.

if it wasn't doing as intended then it had crashed, that can either be a firmware problem or a memory card problem, memory card problem is the more common reason it could crash

Thanks! I'll try to do a reflashb maybe it will solve the problem. I have the second FW version that was released for this. It worked juat fine until now. I'll see..

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Mine is doing the opposite, when it is recording:
  • The red on-screen indicator flashes
  • The rec LED button is solid
When it is not recording:
  • No on-screen indicator
  • Rec led light is blinking as a warning
This is fine, except that it got into a state where it was a) not recording and b) rec LED was solid, so I thought it was recording but it was not.
Same here showing the same as Diggie apart from mines working and recording fine it's just the rec led static when recording and rec led flashing when paused. Latest firmware

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Same here showing the same as Diggie apart from mines working and recording fine it's just the rec led static when recording and rec led flashing when paused. Latest firmware

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Which LED are you referring to? The LCD red dot will blink when recording normally and disappear when recording is stopped. The red light on the REC button will remain on when recording normally and flash when recording has been stopped. Though the REC button light will go steady on again when you enter the menu.

Which LED are you referring to? The LCD red dot will blink when recording normally and disappear when recording is stopped. The red light on the REC button will remain on when recording normally and flash when recording has been stopped. Though the REC button light will go steady on again when you enter the menu.

Maybe that's what I did (enter the menu). I know the cam normally starts recording again when you leave the menu, but it wasn't this time. The other symptom was the display was stuck on -- no sleep even though it is set to do so.

Anyway, if it's not recording the Rec LED on the physical button should not be on or should be blinking IMO. It should never look the same as if it was recording. I want to be able to tell my girlfriend, for example, "if that light is solid red you're good to go".

Thanks for the help everyone.

Apart from this the cam has been good so far. I added the polarizing filter on the front which works nicely.

Is Viofo part of the same team behind the G1W? I notice the startup sound is the same, some of the menu graphics look a little similar. Just curious.

Last edited:
Back