A119 Firmware

Anyone know of any other changes? It's jumped by about 3 minor version numbers hasn't it?

*eagerly awaiting improved parking/timelapse mode*
2.04 had minor change: Add czech language - hidden release only for one store in czech republic (they made translate). Oficiall is 2.05 for world with next fix.

and 2.06 again minor change: Add slovak language, correct some czech words. Again hidden release for same store in czech republic

The SpyTec Version of 2.05 has not yet been released. The Viofo one should work fine you will just have a different splash screen and different factory default settings.

The SpyTec Version of 2.05 has not yet been released. The Viofo one should work fine you will just have a different splash screen and different factory default settings.

There is no difference. An A119 is an A119 when it comes to firmware, and everything else. There is only one VIOFO factory and all sellers buy & re-sell the same stock. Some sellers brand VIOFO products as their own for marketing or listing protection purposes on Amazon but nothing physicaly is different. (for both hardware/software/firmware)

hi,
Is it normal that first video file is overwritten when the sdcard still has 1 gb free space?

I set it on the minimum resolution which uses only 200mb/file

hi,
Is it normal that first video file is overwritten when the sdcard still has 1 gb free space?

also needs room in case an emergency file needs to be saved, some extra room before recycling is good practice

hi,

I wouldn't leave it this way. I have a hard enough time making out details like license plate numbers when I'm using the BEST resolution. If something ever happens and you "need" that recording, the lowest resolution is going to leave you with little that will be useful.

You're buying the wrong product if you're getting the A119 and using lower resolution the whole time for recording an INCIDENT that happens you need details for. It's all about details on this model, better off buying a larger memory card.

Last edited:
You're buying the wrong product if you're getting the A119 and using lower resolution the whole time for recording an INCIDENT that happens you need details for. It's all about details on this model, better off buying a larger memory card.

Fixed that for ya. :)

also needs room in case an emergency file needs to be saved, some extra room before recycling is good practice

I see, it's normal then. Thank yoi

I wouldn't leave it this way. I have a hard enough time making out details like license plate numbers when I'm using the BEST resolution. If something ever happens and you "need" that recording, the lowest resolution is going to leave you with little that will be useful.

Completely agree with you. I did this only for testing purpose, I want to know how much is the total video length for 32gb card

It's variable.

Are you recording GPS data? Are you recording audio? What resolution are you using? How much "compression" can the camera do as it stores the content? There are a lot of variables that come into play to determine how large of a file is required to store a set amount of time. Since the sizes vary, so will the total amount of time you can store to a certain sized card.

I use 64G cards in mine, and I seem to be able to capture somewhere around 6 hours at least. But, again, it varies.

I tried Facebook back in 2011.
Sorry, I don't care for Facebook, Twitter, or any of those "social media" websites, and I'm sure I'm not alone. So why don't you just post the latest info about your products on your website so that everybody can read them??????

Like Viofo Official Facebook Page to get latest info about our products. https://www.facebook.com/viofo.world/

I tried Facebook back in 2011.
Sorry, I don't care for Facebook, Twitter, or any of those "social media" websites, and I'm sure I'm not alone. So why don't you just post the latest info about your products on your website so that everybody can read them??????

I also have ZERO interest in Facebook to the point that I don't even care to discuss here. This thread is pointedly aimed at keeping up with firmware surrounding this model camera, and that's why I'm signed up and participating. "Go somewhere else to get info" is inappropriate in this thread unless it's for something very specific that is directly related.

I also have no interest in Facebook and Social Media sites .. and besides, why should a 'like' be a pre-requisite for receiving information on a new product?

This post has been edited

Last edited:
I also have no interest in Facebook and Social Media sites .. and besides, why should a 'like' be a pre-requisite for receiving information on a new product? I find this rather strange.

Obviously .. people are treated differently over there in China
You can see the information whether you like the page or not. If your a facebook member and like the Viofo page, you'll get notified when they post new products or updates. It's just another marketing tool.

You can see the information whether you like the page or not. If your a facebook member and like the Viofo page, you'll get notified when they post new products or updates. It's just another marketing tool.

Correct. And I'm not interested in being "marketed" to, I want to stay abreast of this firmware for this camera. It doesn't belong in this thread.

I agree, it shouldn't be posted in this thread. I believe it is against the forum rules. Grace looks to be a new member and did not realize I'm sure.

Back