A119. GPS does not work in modes 2560p 30fps and 1080p 60fps

Hi guys,

Just a quick update to help anyone else who may have similar issues! Gearbest has provided me a faulty GPS Module with my dashcam. One pin was missing and therefore it couldn't communicate with the camera to provide the necessary data. Gearbest wanted me to ship the faulty GPS module back (at my cost) to them and for me to pay for the return shipping (at my cost) and just laughed at them. I ordered another GPS module from AliExpress and had all 4 pins working and it worked instantly on the dashcam. At the end I got a small credit on my gearbest account which I probably won't even use. Such a disappointing experience and such poor quality. I think @viofo will need to look into the quality control.

you can also have a refund in money cash from gearbest.com, sometimes a partial refund,
by default they make a refund in the "GB wallet" of the customer ( gearbest account ) but you can ask them to transform this credit in money cash, they will probably accept,

and yes Viofo should improve the quality control in their factory, and give more time to their engineers, the defect on these pins for the GPS module was predictible, soon or later the pins will break, it's one of the weakness of the viofo A119,

probably a better system exists, for example a magnetic support for the connection between the dahscam and the GPS module, less friction/brutal contact

Last edited:
Back