A119 Mini Test & Review PP

I have another problem.
It's strange, but it happens that the recording starts again while driving.
I get in the car and the recording starts, then after 20 minutes the camera beeps to say that the recording is starting.
Today the camera froze, it didn't respond to any buttons.

What memory card are you using? Brand/model.

That means I have an "improvement wish list" for it coming too. lol

So, Viofo plans to offer a new camera which you know nothing about. You have no idea what it looks like, what specifications it will have, what features, what components are in it, or how well it will perform, yet you are already announcing that you plan to gripe about it and offer your so called "improvements".

Watching you repeatedly needle Viofo about their products as if you know better than they do about how to design, build and market dash cams is becoming obnoxious and irritating. Viofo has been extraordinarily generous and supportive of what you do by providing you with many hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of free cameras to test, yet for some reason you feel the need to bite the hand that feeds you and keep giving them a hard time as if you are actually being helpful in some way.

It is one thing to offer a suggestion now and again or request a new feature but to engage in an ongoing campaign where you believe Viofo should modify practically every camera in their product line-up to meet your wishes and demands is way over the line.

There are different names for people like you but at this point guess I would call you a professional noodge, especially in light of telegraphing that you plan to complain about a camera that has yet to even be released.

Watching you repeatedly needle Viofo about their products as if you know better than they do about how to design, build and market dash cams is becoming obnoxious and irritating.
You don't have to read his posts if they irritate you!

I think both PP and Viofo know that PP is not the expert on design and build of dash cams! Since he is not an expert on design and build, it is not up to him to decide what can be delivered, so he should ask for everything he thinks could be an improvement, then Viofo can decide on what they deliver. If you don't ask then there is a good chance that you won't receive!

As long as they don't decide to take feedback from PP only, then we should be OK!

You don't have to read his posts if they irritate you!

I think both PP and Viofo know that PP is not the expert on design and build of dash cams! Since he is not an expert on design and build, it is not up to him to decide what can be delivered, so he should ask for everything he thinks could be an improvement, then Viofo can decide on what they deliver. If you don't ask then there is a good chance that you won't receive!

As long as they don't decide to take feedback from PP only, then we should be OK!

I have watched as Viofo has evolved into one of the premier dash cam manufacturers represented on this forum. Compared to many other manufacturers they are always especially responsive, supportive, friendly and open to suggestions. And as I said, it is one thing to offer some suggestions or request a new feature or two but what PP is doing here, repeatedly badgering Viofo on a regular basis to alter practically every camera in their line-up is an ongoing insult to them. And sticking a little "lol" on the end of each and every remark doesn't excuse this.

You don't have to read my posts too if you wish, Nigel but you have never been one to follow your own advice ! ;)

Last edited:
Hey, stop biting each other tails, guys. Maybe you can direct your anger to my post, where I have quoted you :)
I am really trying to understand that behavior.

Hey, stop biting each other tails, guys. Maybe you can direct your anger to my post, where I have quoted you :)
I am really trying to understand that behavior.

Personally, nothing I've stated here has been said in anger.

Nevertheless, the absurdity of witnessing someone who expresses the intent to offer "improvements" to a new camera that isn't yet on the market and that nobody has even seen yet or knows anything about makes it hard not to speak up.

I have another problem.
It's strange, but it happens that the recording starts again while driving.
I get in the car and the recording starts, then after 20 minutes the camera beeps to say that the recording is starting.
Today the camera froze, it didn't respond to any buttons.
Can the camera be retrieved if you unplug and plug the cable into it? What method do you use to supply power? Please use the original car charger to confirm the issue will disappear. Besides, The card you use is not recommended which will also cause such an issue. It is better to change the recommended card to have a try. 1694401128275.png

Back