A119 - Parking mode

USRobo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Using the aux port the A119 records all motion however how much battery usage does it drain from the car battery? I see the blue light on the adapter on all the time while parked and need to know if it will kill my battery or not? Screen and LED are off.

Thanks

Do you have a link to a battery discharge device thanks

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I personally am using a Vico Power Plus - I live in a hot environment (Florida) and it has an over temperature feature.

I second that recommendation. I live in Arizona, and the temperature feature is a must.

That coupled with the Voltage and Time features makes the Power Plus the best power adapter on the market (in my opinion).

RodeoGeorge

So if i get the Vico or Lucas unit i don't need the hardwire kit?

So if i get the Vico or Lucas unit i don't need the hardwire kit?

That is true. The plug on the OEM A119 "should" plug directly into the Vico, however I found that the A119 12V to USB adapter is not long enough (goes into the Power Plus socket far enough) to work. A simple work around is to use a 12V to USB adapter that fits properly into the Power Plus socket.

I identified this deficiency in this post https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ests-and-bug-reports.20403/page-6#post-272891

I use the Motion option on the A119 to provide coverage when parked, and just leave it on all the time as there is normally motion when driving.

I set the Power Plus options for 12.0V battery protection, and also 6 hours for the time out.

RodeoGeorge

Back