VIOFO A119 (production) feature requests and bug reports

recording of accurate time/date/location information without you needing to think about it, being able to sync to a map view

you get hit a stop sign in the city by someone responsible for their actions it's not likely to make a lick of difference, these days not every accident is that cut and dried though unfortunately
I don't want to sound like a tool, but recording of accurate time/date/location information is usually never a problem between both parties reporting to insurance, and half the time police are called and they will note all information.

Last edited:
I don't want to sound like a tool, but recording of accurate time/date/location information is usually never a problem between both parties reporting to insurance, and half the time police are called and they will note all information.

in some places police won't attend an accident unless someone is injured, as I said not all accidents are so straightforward, if both parties agree and there's no argument then it's no issue, that isn't always the case and it's a problem that is only becoming more prevalent from people that don't take responsibility for their actions, nobody is forcing you to use GPS so I don't see it as an issue, it's there for people that want it, we've sold them both ways and cameras with GPS outsell their non GPS equivalents, there are some people that don't care about the GPS and that's ok

I don't want to sound like a tool
Then just except that you have your views on the use of GPS evidence, I have mine. Neither of us have to explain why we have those views. If you don't like it, don't use it...

in some places police won't attend an accident unless someone is injured, as I said not all accidents are so straightforward, if both parties agree and there's no argument then it's no issue, that isn't always the case and it's a problem that is only becoming more prevalent from people that don't take responsibility for their actions, nobody is forcing you to use GPS so I don't see it as an issue, it's there for people that want it, we've sold them both ways and cameras with GPS outsell their non GPS equivalents, there are some people that don't care about the GPS and that's ok

It's nice to have the GPS option, you can always turn it off for the On Screen Display but the GPS and speed will still be tracked to review through software like DashCam Viewer. It's better to just have it and not use it, nice to have options and always a good point of reference to have if needed.

when I'm on a road trip, I sometimes see a location that I'd like to visit later. GPS coordinates along with the video would help me to locate that spot. most of the time, I just ask my wife to take a picture with her iPhone and I can use the GPS from the EXIF info but that doesn't work if she's napping in the passenger seat. GPS info has waaaaay more uses than just for proving a location/speed in the event of an accident.

when I'm on a road trip, I sometimes see a location that I'd like to visit later. GPS coordinates along with the video would help me to locate that spot. most of the time, I just ask my wife to take a picture with her iPhone and I can use the GPS from the EXIF info but that doesn't work if she's napping in the passenger seat. GPS info has waaaaay more uses than just for proving a location/speed in the event of an accident.
Ok Guys you all made ur point lol

I have selected MPH in the A119 menu.

The speed embedded in the bottom of the videos is still displaying in KPH, even though MPH is displayed after the speed itself.

In Dashcam Viewer, while the speed on the video is KPH, Dashcam Viewer displays the correct MPH speed in the Dashcam Viewer windows.

If I were to use the data displayed in the video, I'd be jeopardizing myself due to excessive speed.

Is the conversion for the video display in the works?

RodeoGeorge

I just scrolled back through this thread and found jokiin's comment "speed data comes from the GPS in knots, it is converted to mph or kmh by the camera but no calculations are done by the camera"

That answers why KPH is shown in the video, but the question remains, will future updates perform the conversion?

Last edited:
I have selected MPH in the A119 menu.

The speed embedded in the bottom of the videos is still displaying in KPH, even though MPH is displayed after the speed itself.

In Dashcam Viewer, while the speed on the video is KPH, Dashcam Viewer displays the correct MPH speed in the Dashcam Viewer windows.

If I were to use the data displayed in the video, I'd be jeopardizing myself due to excessive speed.

Is the conversion for the video display in the works?

RodeoGeorge

That suggest that the MPH setting does not work at all. As internally the speed is stored in knots, and whatever Viewer you are using is converting knots to MPH.

I just found the link to the 0805 Firmware.

I'll install it and check the speed reading in the video.

RodeoGeorge

I just found the link to the 0805 Firmware.

I'll install it and check the speed reading in the video.

RodeoGeorge

think it may have already been fixed, threw me when you said you were on the latest beta, anyway just report back either way would be helpful

Just installed the 8005 Firmware.

Speed displays correctly in MPH.

I only "thought" that I had the latest Firmware. LOL

RodeoGeorge

This is not a bug report, but more of a FYI.

The USB adapter that comes with the A119 will not fit into the Socket of the VIco Power-Plus.

The Vico socket is too deep, and the center conductor of the USB adapter does not make contact.

I used another 12V to USB adapter that I had to test the operation with the Vico, and it works as advertised.

This will not be an issue for me, as the Lighter Socket will be cut off, and I'll direct wire the Vico to a Power kit I have.

Also using plugs/sockets so that I can move the Vico between vehicles.

RodeoGeorge

Hello, I am on the latest beta firmware 0805 but my cam does not make a beeping sound when it is not recording even though the option is turned on.. is it failing for anyone else?

Never mind!, it does not beep when motion detection is set to on

Last edited:
Hey @viofo , can you guys do something about the barrel (fish eye) distortion?

Back