A119 PRO?!?

They bring up Gitup as their new action camera line up product?

Attachments

• ces invitation from viofo ltd.jpg
    ces invitation from viofo ltd.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
I just bought an A119 V2 to replace my A118C today.... And I just found out about the A119 PRO..... Should I return the A119 back and wait for the A119 PRO? Any release date? I don't really want to go back to A11*C cuz their night video SUCKS so bad.

They bring up Gitup as their new action camera line up product?

Gitup is under Viofo. If you check the address on both websites is actually the same place.

I don't know what the differences will be, but the A119 is an extensively developed cam and I doubt that the "Pro" version will have a lot more to offer unless they make significant hardware changes ;) Even then, there's not a whole lot more to be had when you compare the A119 to the other available dashcams. Whether or not to wait is something I can't say until we know more about it.

Phil

As you can see in the invitation picture, the camera form factor is the same as A119. So I expect as hardware only a CMOS change even could be very interesting to offer also Wi-Fi, but as I already wrote, this means PCB change. But also adding some accessories, because from the GitUp cameras, the PRO version means more accessories. If this is true, maybe is better to make your request, maybe they will add into the standard package.
My vote is for:
- suction cup
- angled Mini USB adapters
- Micro SD Micro USB OTG card reader

enjoy,
Mtz

As you can see in the invitation picture, the camera form factor is the same as A119. So I expect as hardware only a CMOS change even could be very interesting to offer also Wi-Fi, but as I already wrote, this means PCB change. But also adding some accessories, because from the GitUp cameras, the PRO version means more accessories. If this is true, maybe is better to make your request, maybe they will add into the standard package.
My vote is for:
- suction cup
- angled Mini USB adapters
- Micro SD Micro USB OTG card reader

enjoy,
Mtz

For the love of g@d, NO MICO USB!!!!!

and this is a problem?

I've had 2 camera's with Micro USB, and both just broke off.... I'ts just that micro USB takes more presure to enter the plug, the mini 5 pole usb is much easier to plug in, and never came off from any board I had.

Just saying.

PS didn't we have a discussion like this before in another thread? :confused:

I've had 2 camera's with Micro USB, and both just broke off.... I'ts just that micro USB takes more presure to enter the plug, the mini 5 pole usb is much easier to plug in, and never came off from any board I had.

Just saying.

PS didn't we have a discussion like this before in another thread? :confused:

I'm guessing you misunderstood what he was asking for, he was talking about a USB/Micro USB OTG card reader, you can use them to view files on your PC using USB and view files on an Android phone/tablet using Micro USB, he wasn't suggesting the camera should have Micro USB connectors

Thank you both!
I consider the USB adapter to not be so important like the Micro USB adapter because people have their smartphones in the car, not the PC, desktops. That adapter should stay always in the car and not take it at home, because at home almost everybody have some USB adapter or Micro SD card reader to be used with the PC or laptop.

enjoy,
Mtz

dual channel rear cams are usually trash tho..

would be better buying a viofo a118 for rear cam

not to mention the strain it might put on your sd card, will prob fail quicker no matter if it is mlc or not lol.

Wr1 would make a good rear cam as it's very small and discrete. I'm still running mine as my main daily cam and have had no issues. Picture is very good for the low price. There are better pictures out there, but usually for 3 times the price, and the differences aren't groundbreaking.

The main difference I'm seeing there is in the in camera sharpening rather than anything obvious in the performance itself. Looking at the top picture, you can see sharpening artefacts appearing as noise in the tarmac area of the road. The whole picture also has an over sharpened feel to it. Personally, I don't mind so much if it helps detail retrieval. However, to be fair to both cameras, you really need to up the sharpening level in the A119 to a similar level before making a comparison.

On the subject of the A119 Pro, wonder if Viofo will make any units available for testing and evaluation.

He said "Micro SD Micro USB OTG card reader" not Micro USB cable.
I'm guessing you misunderstood what he was asking for, he was talking about a USB/Micro USB OTG card reader, you can use them to view files on your PC using USB and view files on an Android phone/tablet using Micro USB, he wasn't suggesting the camera should have Micro USB connectors
Thank you both!
I consider the USB adapter to not be so important like the Micro USB adapter because people have their smartphones in the car, not the PC, desktops. That adapter should stay always in the car and not take it at home, because at home almost everybody have some USB adapter or Micro SD card reader to be used with the PC or laptop.

enjoy,
Mtz

Sorry guys, @Mtz in particular, I think I hadn't recovered from the holidays.... I should take more time to READ BETTER..... :giggle::giggle:

Anyone has hands on on PRO yet? Who is in CES now?
Would be this forum admin add sub-thread A119 PRO?

Last edited:
If the Viofo A119 Pro will be with AR0521 CMOS then you can see some videos here.

enjoy,
Mtz

By looking at the invitation, I got feeling PRO still no WiFi yet, because if you take a look there is no phone picture there.
They need to have extra app developer to do this Wi-Fi thingy.
But after owning both WiFi dash-cam and non WiFi dash-cam, not having WiFi not so deal breaker, since the transfer rate still quite slow, except they use 5GHz chip Wi-Fi rather then 2.4GHz.
But Yi Dashcam the new app quite smart can select range which time frame want to download rather downloading entire file.
ces-invitation-from-viofo-ltd-jpg.35406

use 5GHz chip Wi-Fi rather then 2.4GHz
Adding also 5GHz is the only way to go for a dashcam company which want to be a leader in this market so I expect Viofo to do this in future products, but not in A119 Pro. 5GHz is perfect for dashcam usage because there are no objects (walls) between camera and smartphone.
The only problem I see is choosing the channel in camera firmware for 5GHz, because different smartphones are using different channels. For example I have a 5GHz device which is not connecting to my smartphone because that device is working in channel 159 for example and my smartphone in channel 48 for example.

enjoy,
Mtz

They can took implementation from smartphone wifi chip and antenna. Then auto/multiple/fix channel selection maybe can be select as the option.

Agreed there is no wall, fix channel (or any channel) should be no issue because the range between the camera or smartphone or any device you connected to is very close enough.

Furthermore you won't be using other channels/wifi hotspot on your smartphone if your phone connected to the camera for file transferring and camera configuration.

I would think investing single 5GHz chip should be ideal for modern Dashcam. Rather than having dual frequency band 2.4GHz & 5GHz, furthermore is more cost effective. But might draw bigger power.

Back