A119 PRO?!?

Yeah, it's not required in the state I live in (in the USA).

Are you asking why Spytec is cheaper? In the USA it is only a bit cheaper. I'm pretty certain I read that Spytec is an authorized seller of Viofo products. There's nothing shady about them as far as I can tell--they've been doing business on Amazon for a long time and they don't in anyway misrepresent their dashcams as anything other than Viofo products.
I appreciate and respect your reply.....but

On Amazon UK the price is £53. for the Spytech camera.

On both Amazon and Ebay the A119 PRO is £75 +

I can't understand this price for a new high range camera, and as yet Viofo have not replied.

If you check other Viofo products sold by them (A119, A119S, A118C), their price is on par or higher than the competition (Viofo, Boblov, etc).
I guess it's just a promotional sale. I ordered one, it should arrive tomorrow.

Are you asking why Spytec is cheaper? In the USA it is only a bit cheaper. I'm pretty certain I read that Spytec is an authorized seller of Viofo products. There's nothing shady about them as far as I can tell--they've been doing business on Amazon for a long time and they don't in anyway misrepresent their dashcams as anything other than Viofo products.
I have purchased from @spytec several times and they are a solid vendor.

i have just read the specification of the Spytech camera on Amazon, it says a Lithium ion battery is required....?
That is a mis-print. The A119 series cameras do not require any additional batteries. Unfortunately Amazon listings are not 100% reliable. If in doubt, consult the manufacturer's website for actual specifications.

If you're interested I would act soon - there's only 2 left in stock.

The A119 V2 I have in my second vehicle is a Spytec A119 V2 I got on Amazon USA not too long ago during a really great lightning deal special. If it wasn't for the printed word VIOFO missing from the camera (and of course the packinging the camera came in), you'd think it was a Viofo branded cam, they're basically identical. I wouldn't worry about getting a Viofo of Spytec branded cam. If the price is good on the Spytec, go for it.

The thing I wouldn't go for on the Amazon USA site is the Spytec GPS module as they're apparently still selling the first gen GPS module with 'poor' pins on it and not disclosing the difference between the first version and second version.

Edit: I'm adding because of the comment below so I'll elaborate. Spytec cams, regardless which model you get (A119, A119s or A119 pro) are the same as their Viofo equivalents so if you find a good enough deal on one, go for it. The Pro has not had revisions yet, but make sure you're getting the exact model you want when buying from Spytec and that it isn't a 'version 1' of a particular model when you think you are purchasing the latest version with updates or improvements implemented.

Last edited:
Try being more specific in what you are saying. There is an A119, A119S, and the A1119 Pro. This is a A119 Pro link but some of you continually say A119, is that what you are referring to (The A119), or do you really not know? Spytec sells all 3 models.

Well kind of, yes. To be clear I've never doubted Spytec as a reputable seller and I'm pretty sure I got my G1W-s off them a while ago, it's just there was a little worry that either a) It was a pricing error, or b) there's something to do with the cam itself (the PRO) that makes it "worth" less than other A119 models.

EDIT: I've just bought one anyway, pretty sure I can't go wrong for £53.12! :D

Just need someone to buy my 612gw off me now!

Last edited:
Well kind of, yes. To be clear I've never doubted Spytec as a reputable seller and I'm pretty sure I got my G1W-s off them a while ago, it's just there was a little worry that either a) It was a pricing error, or b) there's something to do with the cam itself (the PRO) that makes it "worth" less than other A119 models.

EDIT: I've just bought one anyway, pretty sure I can't go wrong for £53.12! :D

Just need someone to buy my 612gw off me now!

I understand what you are saying as I am in the same boat. I have been waiting to see what comes of a few firmware upgrades before I make a final decision on the A119 Pro. It has the hardware to outperform the A119 S, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will! As you know there is more to a camera then just the hardware capabilities, the firmware has to exploit those capabilities if possible by the manufacture.
If Viofo doesn't get it going after say 3 firmware updates I doubt if I'll keep any interest in that particular model since the A119 S is currently a better camera overall. Heck, the A119 would get my pick if it didn't have that off color tinge to it's pictures/video.

That was YT Genocide!

You will get blurring with tree though with a bit rate of 10mbs from every example I've seen. There's just too much data to fit into 10mbs easily so the codec has to compress hard. That applies to every camera not just Viofo. It's just the rules of physics, you can't fit a gallon of data in a pint pot unless you compress it hard.

I have a still from mine where there are a few trees and bushes on a rural lane, not as rural as that, and the leaves are blurred. It's not the camera, it's the compression in my opinion and the same from all manufacturers. If you want less compression, you need a higher bit rate but also to accept less storage times.

Back