A119 PRO?!?

40/60 aim rule is best. 40% Sky max, 60% road/cars/hood

I know that is the recommended but the sky is so nice and blue when you have more sky. with 60% road/cars/hood, the sky is all blown out, especially in the summer! lol

I know that is the recommended but the sky is so nice and blue when you have more sky

When a lot of the sky, exposure does not work properly, it obscures the road, which is more important than the sky.

The sweet spot should always be tuned where the action is on the road for sure, unless you’re trying to record a blockbuster feature length film or Documentary On the next big meteor falling from the sky

When a lot of the sky, exposure does not work properly, it obscures the road, which is more important than the sky.

The sweet spot should always be tuned where the action is on the road for sure, unless you’re trying to record a blockbuster feature length film or Documentary On the next big meteor falling from the sky
Maybe we need better HDR and/or smarter metering so we can have road action and colourful sky at the same time.

Maybe we need better HDR and/or smarter metering so we can have road action and colourful sky at the same time.
This is just an example of exposure work when capturing a lot of sky.
The sky is not necessary for the DVR, we need a traffic situation.

that particular example is from a much older firmware version, quite a few changes since then that would improve that situation

:)

that particular example is from a much older firmware version, quite a few changes since then that would improve that situation
I am aware that you have spent a lot of time working on the metering recently to improve the exposure in such situations. I did not check the date to notice that example is from a much older firmware.

It's from a 2016 beta, it's still a valid demonstration of the difference that the aim can make to the picture though

lol. HOPEFULLY, I NEVER need the footage from an accident. So far, all clips that I have used is indeed fro creating short films. Nice blue sky either on a summer day, or during snow season. Just gorgeous lol

I have a question about this cam. I've had some other brands in the past that had actual rechargeable batteries in them. This allowed me to turn the camera on when the car was off if I wanted to adjust the lens, date/time, etc. Are you able to do that with this camera? Thanks!

I have a question about this cam. I've had some other brands in the past that had actual rechargeable batteries in them. This allowed me to turn the camera on when the car was off if I wanted to adjust the lens, date/time, etc. Are you able to do that with this camera? Thanks!
No batteries in the camera, but you can unplug the cable from the USB adapter and plug it into a powerbank to do the same thing.

I just got the A119 Pro in yesterday and updated it to the new firmware. This is my first dash cam so I'm not exactly sure what the ideal settings for it should be. I drive mostly during the day. How would you guys recommend I do the settings?

Is Viofo working on a firmware update to improve night quality?
In theory, the a119 pro should be better than the a199 in low light, but it really isn't. Night footage seems foggy and out of focus. Will this be fixed in a future update?

I received my A119Pro a couple of days ago and so far not too impressed - the colour balance is pretty awful - red cars and tail lights come out as magenta, orange is shown as red and all the trees look like its autumn as its decided they look nicer yellow instead of green. Haven't had chance to check out the night quality yet but I'll give that a go tonight hopefully. Also noticed the exposure hunting (which people have mentioned in night footage) occurs in the daytime as well with constant noticeable changes in balance - other dashcams I've had manage this much better. And yes, I realise its a new product and firmware upgrades will improve things but surely these are basics to get right, my old DrivePro 220 hasn't had any firmware upgrades but behaves well in most lighting conditions and with good colour balance straight out of the box.

I just got the A119 Pro in yesterday and updated it to the new firmware. This is my first dash cam so I'm not exactly sure what the ideal settings for it should be. I drive mostly during the day. How would you guys recommend I do the settings?

Browse a few pages back and search for my name and you can find out what settings I use. In summary, I only turned on WDR and change the timezone and set the clock right.

Is Viofo working on a firmware update to improve night quality?
In theory, the a119 pro should be better than the a199 in low light, but it really isn't. Night footage seems foggy and out of focus. Will this be fixed in a future update?

Already fixed somewhat with firmware v1.2. They didn't say it in the changelog, but I swear my eyes witness some change in nighttime IQ. Images are somewhat darker, but less blurry.

Browse a few pages back and search for my name and you can find out what settings I use. In summary, I only turned on WDR and change the timezone and set the clock right.

Already fixed somewhat with firmware v1.2. They didn't say it in the changelog, but I swear my eyes witness some change in nighttime IQ. Images are somewhat darker, but less blurry.

someone mentioned the bitrate had increased in the new version

Back