A119 V2 Cannot See Licence Plates Clearly

mealto

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It is pretty sunny here today and have some glare from the A119 V2. At 2560x1440p, I cannot see any licence plates of parked cars as I drive by them. Anyone else notice this?

Video is clear and sharp. I have WDR enabled.

Maybe I should test 1080 60p instead?

Hmmmm, I just noticed something in one video of why I might not be able to see licence plates as clearly as I had hoped. When the car is parked, the left side of the video is much sharper than the right side. Has anyone else experienced this?

@mealto the same picture on my A119's v.1 purchased last September-October.

@mealto the same picture on my A119's v.1 purchased last September-October.
Are you saying you also see this on the V1? Sorry, I don't quite understand what you wrote. It's been a long day of testing trying to prove myself that I must be seeing things. It ain't so.

I'm only a n00b .. but from watching Vids on YouTube .. I could only see the license plates on parked Cars clearly when driving past slowly, at say .. up to 20k .. otherwise pause the footage

What I am finding out is that the blurry on one side issue may be more common that I would have thought. Viewing the videos on a mobile phone or tablet shows little difference but on a desktop computer, it is very evident.

I am ok with only being able to see licence plates when going very slow. I have confirmed this is my case as well. But what I cannot live with is having one side of the image being sharp and the other being soft. Ouch.

Yes, I have the exact same issue. Right side of the screen is slightly less sharp than the center or right side. Not a huge deal, but noticeable. I would not call it "blurry" but I would call more along the lines of "not crisp and sharp" or "not 100% in proper focus".
I got mine from SpyTec through Amazon.

It's too bad such a highly rated dashcam has the unsharp image on one side. Having said that, I am extremely glad to have purchased from a reputable seller. After market support has been nothing less than stellar from @OCD Tronic and @OCD Tronic Canada. It's refreshing to have received beyond-the-call-of-duty type support from these folks. Pretty darn amazing!

What did they do for you? Sending you a new camera or did they help you adjust the clarity of this one?

What did they do for you? Sending you a new camera or did they help you adjust the clarity of this one?

Nothing yet, still in progress. They were very helpful and honest when dealing with my post-sales questions regarding this issue.

As an update, the replacement unit has much better sharpness between the left and the right side of the video image. Very happy with it.

Back