A119 V3 setting.....Had it on 3/10/19 so new.

jace1969

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all and first post on here.

I had the old A119 v1 with not 1 problem in the 2 years not even the GPS and on 1440p but i just wanted a new one so i had me this one but being the newer one and with Bitrate setting what is the best.
I have it on 1440p and 30Mbps and bitrate is on high,i have WDR on and a filter on for the glare so set it up to 2/3,its a great picture but on pausing i only sometimes can read plates when they come past me on the other side,my old V1 i had the AV set to this because of going threw tinted car glass and the filter but does the bitrate make it lighter/darker.
I asked about the setting as i have done a big jump in models and also had it off Amazon and it came with the new Firmware in,i think its 1.02 but it had a 2 at the end.
I cant find the Bitrate numbers either like what is Low/Medium/high in the numbers and what was my old V1 as i read its 20 area.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance if you take the time to read and help on this.

I don't have any details on the bitrate, but to adjust how light or dark, adjust the EV.
Typically when you lower the EV to like -1/3 , it'll decrease motion blur. It'll also make the video a bit darker.

I don't have any details on the bitrate, but to adjust how light or dark, adjust the EV.
Typically when you lower the EV to like -1/3 , it'll decrease motion blur. It'll also make the video a bit darker.
Don't know why i always put AV as its EV,this is the main thing what im messing at as i have put it now a bit lower than the old one i had,would love to know the Bitrate numbers.
Is this the best setting to set it on the 1440p with High bitrate,i have done a massive jump from the first model to this V3 and a lot more on this.
So i go to one up + as i have the filter on so if left on 0.0 its just that bit to dark.
Thanks.

Don't know why i always put AV as its EV,this is the main thing what im messing at as i have put it now a bit lower than the old one i had,would love to know the Bitrate numbers.
Is this the best setting to set it on the 1440p with High bitrate,i have done a massive jump from the first model to this V3 and a lot more on this.
So i go to one up + as i have the filter on so if left on 0.0 its just that bit to dark.
Thanks.
From my understanding, by increasing the exposure values (to +1/3 in your case), it makes the screen brighter, but it makes it grainier and introduces more motion blur.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is because the camera takes longer to take each frame (longer exposure). By decreasing it to -1/3, it'll lower motion blur.
It's a trade-off but to many people, they agree on -1/3

Here is a update on what i have tried.
I did a test on the same drive 3 times,only around 5 mins each one but first i started as below, dont forget got lens filter on and through tinted front screen.
1...........I tried 0/0 and was darker and paused when passing a car on the other side,in most cases the plate was blurred.
2...........went up to 1/3 and was better but still hit and miss but you could see it getting easier to read.
3..........final test,i did it on 2/3 and was brighter not over the top but seemed to make it a little better when paused.
I do see where you are coming from being that bit darker is better but it seems to be that bit better when i go just that bit lighter,i have left it on 1/3 in the middle as its not that dark or light.
I use VLC to view the files and use this zoom on that which is ok but seems a lot of things to do just to get to the zoom option.
Dash cam viewer don't work on the V3 says it can't read the file which seems a lot better one as the zoom is off the mouse and the wheel which i think it great.
Could it be the viewer,i know its not a big thing but i look at reviews and they pause it and its nice and clear in most views depending on the weather so i look at me doing something wrong.
So what i can see 100% its down to the day/weather which we all know that but just wanted to see the better one what others use when on 1440p and a lens filter on.
Have to say the picture is crystal sharp on High bitrate and also downloaded bitrate viewer and it peaked max at just over 32.8 and average of around 28.
Thanks.

To reply to this,went out on the night and i have set it to -1/3 and night is way better and cant see it making a lot of change in the day..AlexK your right as i never tried - 1/3 as
got the filter on and lot clearer on night,just thinking one day to turn WDR off as its good from dark to light but would like to see how it changes things.
Got Dash cam viewer to work with the k-codecs install as didn't work before so i work off VLC and Dash cam viewer if needed.
Also tried a bitrate check on my 2 A119's,the first A119 V1 went very low to around 14 but peak was 28.
A119V3 (my new one) never went under 23 and peak was around 34 a few times so there is a big difference on the lower end,V3 on high.
All done by 2 Bitrate checks,VLC while video was playing and Bitrate viewer.

Last edited:
Back