A119S button/non record noise and playback noise distorted and makes buzzing sound?

Freddie1275

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got my A119S a few days ago and just noticed that i could barely hear the button noise when you press a button and the not recording noise. I played back videos on the actual camera and all the noise is distorted with a loud buzzing. It sounds like the speaker may be blown on the camera? Is that possible? When i plug it into the computer and play the videos the sound is normal with no distortion or buzzing. I'm using original cigarette lighter adapter and power cord and have even tried other ones and have the same problem. I also have formatted the card on the camera and restored factory settings and it still does the same thing. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm thinking the speaker is blown?

Freddie,
I hardwired my A119s to my new car and it works just fine.I don't use the audio for obvious reasons, just the video.How do you(what cable do you use) to get the video from the A119s (from the cam a/v port)to your pc? I can't seem to find one.A link would be a big help. Thanks.

Use the little cable that came with it. Plug usb into computer and other end into camera. It should be a blue screen that says mass storage. Then you can go into that usb drive on your computer to view your videos

Thanks Freddie,I'll do that--you can tell that a computer is not my thing.

Freddie, Or anyone, can you walk me thru each step after the blue screen says mass storage.I am not very computer savvy.

the common way to transfer dashcam video clips to a computer is to remove the microSD card and insert it into a USB card reader.
can buy them at the dollar store, most readers are included when purchasing a new microSD card.

transferring Dashcam video clips using the short mini-USB cord to a computer is as follows:
1) connect the cord to the dashcam then connect USB to running computer.
2) wait for auto detect/driver install to finish.
3) if the 'auto play' menu appears select 'open folder to view files'.
4) double click the 'DCIM' camera storage folder, then open the 'Movie' folder.
5) all the dated MP4 clips will be listed.
6) select and drag/copy to 'Video' folder in computer.
7) once clips have been transferred close all open folder view boxes and left-click the 'safely remove hardware' tray icon and then click 'eject DEMO1' and wait for the 'Safe to remove' bubble to appear
if a message saying the device is busy go back and close all open apps and explorer windows and repeat #7
8) unplug the USB cord from computer
9) open your 'Video' folder and enjoy the A119 recordings
10) done

Thanks BCHobbyist,I needed that-now I can see if I put the cam in the right place and not have too much sky.

I just got my A119S a few days ago and just noticed that i could barely hear the button noise when you press a button and the not recording noise. I played back videos on the actual camera and all the noise is distorted with a loud buzzing. It sounds like the speaker may be blown on the camera? Is that possible? When i plug it into the computer and play the videos the sound is normal with no distortion or buzzing. I'm using original cigarette lighter adapter and power cord and have even tried other ones and have the same problem. I also have formatted the card on the camera and restored factory settings and it still does the same thing. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm thinking the speaker is blown?

For anyone else with audio issues, the common cause is power connectivity, to solve other audio issues see my videos below. Try re-positioning the cig-liter adapter and use USB port nearest blue power indicator.

Browse all BCHobbyist WorkShop videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/bchobbyist

Last edited:
Back