A119s deleted all the video when SD card is full

lwj0012

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is that normal? Any methods to change this...

Thanks for your reply.
I am using a Samsung Evo+ 32 GB. The card is fine I think. So, the a119s always delete the least recent video instead of all the video?

once the card fills up it deletes the oldest file to make room for the next file, FIFO (first in, first out) so that you always have the most recent several hours of footage at any given time

once the card fills up it deletes the oldest file to make room for the next file, FIFO (first in, first out) so that you always have the most recent several hours of footage at any given time
Yep, that's what I was thinking... Looks like something is wrong with the card...

format the card then test with h2testw and post the results if you're not sure how to interpret them

Just reorder an 64GB sandisk long durable sd card... see how it going

Is that normal? Any methods to change this...
Make sure your date/time is set correctly, else when the card is full, the camera may delete the newer files if they are time-tagged with an older date. This can happen if the date/time is not maintained or if the camera for some reason reverts to the default date for the firmware being used. Using GPS should keep the date/time up to date automatically.

Make sure your date/time is set correctly, else when the card is full, the camera may delete the newer files if they are time-tagged with an older date. This can happen if the date/time is not maintained or if the camera for some reason reverts to the default date for the firmware being used. Using GPS should keep the date/time up to date automatically.
That's true in some cases, but I think the camera determines the sequence of the video files by the id which came after the date in the filename.

Back