A119s doesn't save partial recordings

huntrm

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have the V2 A119s just purchased from OCD Tronic on Amazon this month. I installed the latest firmware, V1.7 June 2017 (it was running V1.5 when I received it). I'm using the hardwire kit from Amazon also that was purchaed for my previous G1W (it says that it supports the A119s on their site).

The hardwire kit is powered by accessory in the vehicle so that once I turn off the ignition, the camera will wrap up recording and will shut down (let's say 5-15 seconds it stays on).

I am not seeing any partial recordings or I'm seeing recordings cut off (let's say 5 seconds) shortly after I park and pull the key out of the vehicle. The red REC light stays on for the 5-15 seconds, which makes me think it's writing the remaining recordings, but when I pop the card into my laptop, I'm not seeing these recordings.

Any ideas on what might be going on? Item is brand new.

Once you turn the ignition off, the camera stops recording and saves the file before turning off completely. It's working as it should.

Once you turn the ignition off, the camera stops recording and saves the file before turning off completely. It's working as it should.
Agree, it should work this way, but I'm not seeing that or rather I'm not seeing those seconds where let's say I'm pulling into the driveway and parking and then the camera shuts off. Any ideas?

That's odd, should record till the point the ignition is turned off. How many seconds of footage are you losing?

Never mind, you've mentioned approximately 5 seconds in the OP.

Try using the included power supply + cable and see if you still lose those seconds.

That's odd, should record till the point the ignition is turned off. How many seconds of footage are you losing?
I have it set for 3 minutes of loop recording, so basically anything under 3-minutes. This morning, I would guess it was 90-seconds. I'm running a Samsung 32GB Class 6 card - https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IVPU7DQ.

It could be the card. VIOFO recommends usage of a class 10 card, also this looks like it's not from an Amazon fulfilled seller. Better to buy cards from reputed brick & mortar stores or from listings that are fulfilled by Amazon.

Thanks. I do have some Samsung Class 10 cards that I can try. I'll also try the included charger to see if it cuts off. I'm wondering if the capacitor never reaches a full charge to write the final clip or if it's a card issue.

If it was a capacitor issue, once the ignition is turned off, camera won't stay on long enough to save the last file properly. Will shut off immediately and corrupt the last file.

Thanks for your responses. It was the SD Card. Apparently, a Samsung Class 6 is the issue. Putting a 16GB Samsung Class 10 card in solves the problem. Thank you again.

If you were to pull the power from the Camera before it get's done finalizing the video,you'd have a corrupted file. Yours is working fine as it is.
If you pull the power cable from the camera, the capacitors will hold enough power for the camera to finalize the file and shut down properly. Doesn't matter how power is cut.

Oh...ok...?? When i first got this camera i wasn't waiting for the Flashing light to stop,i just grabbed the camera and took it from my car and i was getting corrupted files. I was told "on here" to wait until the flashing light stopped to remove the Camera and i never had another corrupted file? Same memory card to this day and no issues. I'm always happy to learn more.. thx.
Yes, you can't pull the card until the camera shuts down. Your post was referring to pulling the power. I didn't realize you were talking about the memory card.

Back