A119S firmwares

I just got mine today running 2.4 and I think my mobius had better quality lol
My Mobius is also better than this DashCam, infact this would be the worst DashCam I have owned.

Reactions: gse
My Mobius is also better than this DashCam
There is a lot of high quality videos aroung from A119(S). Looks like something is wrong with V2.4 firmware. I am going to reflash to V1.01 as per a colleague advice and see if this does the trick.

BTW I could not find any FW changelog yet, would be better to know which bugs one returns back with older FW.

Last edited:
Have just replaced old DOD GSE520 with VIOFO A119S V2 2.4 - daylight video turned out inferior to DOD's unexpectedly: overexposed, high contrast - balcks is too black, whites is too white, too vivid colors. My current settings are rather common: 1080px30, EXP 0.0 and -1/3 (both equaly no good), no WDR, all additional services are OFF. Will try WDR now... Contrast settings is missing for a reason?

All above relates to bright sunny weather.

Another bug in 2.4 I found: using GPS and time zone (mine is +3), timestamp in video is correct, but file is created with +3hr timestamp. That is: if, say, my video last frame is done at 12:00, time inside the video is correct (same 12:00), but file created is stamped with 15:00 (12+3). Might be the reason NovaTrakt 2.4 behaves on some files incorrectly.

What is correct path to report FW bugs? Thanks.
1) WDR ON seem to improve bad contrast issue. Will test further.

2) I have just found that Viofo FW is *not* responsible for incorrectness in file creation time. NovaTrakt 2.4 changes video's timestamp upon processing for some reason.

My Mobius is also better than this DashCam, infact this would be the worst DashCam I have owned.

Have to agree. Even with the latest update to V2.4 and using all of the recommended settings on this forum, after side-by-side testing for about a year now, my four-year-old Mobius has superior image quality. Wish it had all of the VIOFO bells and whistles though.

hi, no change log there? 2.6 vs. 2.4? someone has done it? improvements? thanks

Another bug in 2.4 I found: using GPS and time zone (mine is +3), timestamp in video is correct, but file is created with +3hr timestamp. That is: if, say, my video last frame is done at 12:00, time inside the video is correct (same 12:00), but file created is stamped with 15:00 (12+3). Might be the reason NovaTrakt 2.4 behaves on some files incorrectly.
Think I answered this here in this post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119-firmware.22223/page-38#post-399724. Or maybe I'm just confusing the issue more. Let me know.

Maybe not a bug, just the way Windows 10 works, No?

Lets hope it stops the white screen issue I am still getting on Firmware Version 2.4 and also corrupt video files every time I look at my Card their is at least 4 or 5 corrupt files.

The new firmware 2.6 ( A119S_180716_V2.6 ) has a new option : Boot Delay as you can see in the pictures attach.

Attachments

• ViofoA119S_FW2_6 (1).jpg
    ViofoA119S_FW2_6 (1).jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 47
  • ViofoA119S_FW2_6 (2).jpg
    ViofoA119S_FW2_6 (2).jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 46
The new firmware 2.6 ( A119S_180716_V2.6 ) has a new option : Boot Delay as you can see in the pictures attach.
What kind of problem does this feature address? Otherwise I would want A119S to boot as fast as possible just to start mooving with no delays.

Boot delay: what problem does this feature address

Some vehicles cut off the power to the accessory circuits when they crank the engine-- this can result in the cam getting power for a moment when you key in, then when you go to start the engine the power cuts out, then a few seconds later power comes back once the engine's running. It's possible that in some cases the cam wouldn't gracefully handle this instance of the power cycling on/off rapidly so well.

I used to be involved with heavy truck fleets, and for the most part, they were programmed to cut out all auxiliary systems (headlights, interior lights, etc.) while the engine's cranking. Some systems that we needed to keep running (or which would take too long to boot or recover) we would run from their own auxiliary batteries.

Oh, yes, of course, ACC cut off... Should have guessed that myself, thanks.

Here are 3 videos direct from the camera Viofo A119S with the new firmware 2.6 - Video 1 Video 2 Video 3 with WDR off and no CPL ( the camera si use with the suction cup mount )

It doesn't look good:
The bitrate on the firmware is too low, it's only 20kb/s.
No changes with the oversharp.
The windshield reflection also makes it look bad.

I don't understand why they wouldn't do the bitrate and the sharpness configurable.

I believe *someone* should be ashamed for such a rich "changelog". Do not users deserve some respect, or am I missing something?

On a Polish Viofo forum there are at least 4 entries in changelog for V2.6 (thanks to gse for info):
+ new SD compatibility (EVO +, Goodram, Verbatim, sandisk)
+ menu errors (whitescreen as example)
+ G-sensor sensitivity and "map (or card?) definition at night" - vague enough
+ better error detection while recording (bad SD as example) and Beep ...

Here are 3 videos direct from the camera Viofo A119S with the new firmware 2.6 - Video 1 Video 2 Video 3 with WDR off and no CPL ( the camera si use with the suction cup mount )

A very familiar dashboard, mate.

Snapshot - 1a.png

Thanks for the video samples.
For my eye, I didn't notice any changes on image quality.

Back