A119S firmwares

Synergist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup Git2 Pro, VIOFO A119S V2
I just received an A119S running A119S_170622_V1.7.

I'd like to update to the latest available FW (V2.1, released 2017-08-17 and available at http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000047224-viofo-a119s-car-dash-camera-firmware), but I'd like to be able to downgrade again if it's not as good.

I'd also like to try other versions of firmware and compare the image quality.

Has anybody kept previous firmware images for the A119S? If people are interested, I'd be happy to host them and update when new FWs come out, but I can't find older FW BINs anywhere. (Or could we collect them all and keep them here in this thread?)

I've found https://www.captureyouraction.com/pages/viofo-a119s-firmware , and obtained three BINs from there, but the other dropbox links are now dead. The VIOFO support site only has the latest version available (http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000047224-viofo-a119s-car-dash-camera-firmware).

Last edited:
I can probably fix those links. Sometimes I just linked to the Viofo link, but others I uploaded to Dropbox myself. I’ll see if I still have the older versions. If I do, I’ll provide my own direct download link for them. Keep in mind that some of them are going to have some bug that was fixed in a later version.

All but one of the links should work now. I don’t think I have the version labeled 0813.

I run 1.01

every revision has been one step forward two steps back, so I stick with what I know works.

with 1.01, the camera turns on every time, the oversharpening is not too bad, and the files are properly marked read-only when you hit the button. both of these are much more important than the dozen or so white pixels, the half-baked parking mode, or whatever other parlor tricks Viofo decides to come up with in the future as distraction.

I run 1.01

every revision has been one step forward two steps back, so I stick with what I know works.

with 1.01, the camera turns on every time, the oversharpening is not too bad, and the files are properly marked read-only when you hit the button. both of these are much more important than the dozen or so white pixels, the half-baked parking mode, or whatever other parlor tricks Viofo decides to come up with in the future as distraction.

my daily driver is A119S = FW1.01 / F1.8 coated Lens / CPL on / Lexar 64GB card / GPS v2 Module / 1080@30fps / WDR off / LDWS off / FCWS off / G-Sensor off / Motion Detect off / Parking Mode always off /
will continue using this old Firmware until VIOFO releases less over-sharpened & less over-saturated Image Quality firmware.

Excellent. I'm saving this link for when I have to update.
I ordered my A119S V2 Aug. 14th and it has the same Firmware as your How To Update Firmware video.
It's working well.

@BCHobbyist,

if you have this optimized FW2.1 that you've edited, willing to test if possible
thanks

Last edited:
@BCHobbyist,

if you have this optimized FW2.1 that you've edited, willing to test if possible
thanks

will add you to the BCH Alpha Test List, will distribute to all my YouTube Subscribers first. Hopefully will have both A119S & A119 Firmware MOD done together. Very tedious and time consuming, only work at it one day a week with one eye closed for luck.

less over-sharpened & less over-saturated Image Quality firmware.

It's a delicate point we seek but attainable given enough time and effort. I too have noticed this issue which IMHO considerably lowers the desirability of this cam. @viofo should work on this and the "X-box" bug then this will become the great dashcam it deserves to be ;)

Many thanks to BC Hobbyist for the firmware work and the links (y) This is the kind of content which makes DCT such a great website :D

Phil

will add you to the BCH Alpha Test List, will distribute to all my YouTube Subscribers first. Hopefully will have both A119S & A119 Firmware MOD done together. Very tedious and time consuming, only work at it one day a week with one eye closed for luck.
thanks! great

Hook me up because it sounds vitally important and whatever BCH is
done,
BCH = BCHobbyist

update: figured out how to change image tint to max blue, all footage looks like its taken underwater (address location flagged as do not touch!)

So, according to your comparisons, what is the best suitable firmware having Parking Mode feature for A119S? It can also be acceptable using old firmware version and using Time Lapse mode with them instead of Parking Mode feature came with the latest releases... Any idea?

So, according to your comparisons, what is the best suitable firmware having Parking Mode feature for A119S? It can also be acceptable using old firmware version and using Time Lapse mode with them instead of Parking Mode feature came with the latest releases... Any idea?

Parking Mode works well for A119S firmware v2.0Beta to v2.2 and higher. Since FW2.2 fixes a major bug i'd recommend v2.2
see my reply to your other Time Lapse question. Downgrading firmware version in my opinion could offer improved image quality. The current firmware image quality over-brightened, over-saturated, over-sharpened, is also negatively affected by the software Hot-Pixel patch to remap obvious hardware flaws in night video which attempts to correct white pixels continuously even during daytime.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119s-parking-mode-beta.30026/page-3#post-382197

Parking Mode works well for A119S firmware v2.0Beta to v2.2 and higher. Since FW2.2 fixes a major bug i'd recommend v2.2
see my reply to your other Time Lapse question. Downgrading firmware version in my opinion could offer improved image quality. The current firmware image quality over-brightened, over-saturated, over-sharpened, is also negatively affected by the software Hot-Pixel patch to remap obvious hardware flaws in night video which attempts to correct white pixels continuously even during daytime.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119s-parking-mode-beta.30026/page-3#post-382197

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanations. I might think downgrading for better image quality or some other better features. However, parking mode has priority for me and the firmware should be needed to fulfil parking mode requirements. Regarding to these requirements, could you please have a look at the topic https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/parking-mode-and-loop-recording-confusion.32372/ ? Thanks in advance...

The collection of firmware 119S + player
https://yadi.sk/d/l8mF0e6I3Qkv4r

@gse : You rock!.. Many thanks for this useful post :) I have been look for a suitable FREE Dashcam Player having GPS functionality and only found Dashcam Viewer that is not free license... As far as I see NEXTBASE Replay 3 is free and very useful for watching and editing dashcam videos...

On the other hand, is there any other free dashcam viewer tool like NEXTBASE Replay 3, Dashcam Viewer, etc? If there is free version of Dashcam Viewer (i.e previous versions) it is also ok for me if you share the setup of them. Thanks in advance...

Back