A119S Optimized Image Quality Firmware

took a ride to the store after this mornings update, everything clear as a bell was able to easily read every sign I passed both big and small. Also able to read most plate numbers I'm very happy, thank you Viofo, good job

One thing I did notice tonight that the a119 download did not auto delete from my camera card, it still remains in my DCIM files.

technically possible, they probably have other things to work on before getting to adding a feature like this, doesn't hurt to ask though
Надеюсь, что будет, готов быть бетатестером.

One thing I did notice tonight that the a119 download did not auto delete from my camera card, it still remains in my DCIM files.

The firmware update dosen't work if the bin file is placed into any folder. (needs to be at the root) This would explain why it's still there. Maybe you had a copy in both places.

hang during boot is generally a memory card issue, what cards, how old, have you tested them for errors etc?

Memory card is Kingston 64gb class 10, not tested for errors, brand new from reputable supplier.
Doesn't do it all the time ... maybe one in 10 starts or so.

I would still check it for errors, even new genuine cards can have faults, always better to rule that out

Memory card is Kingston 64gb class 10, not tested for errors, brand new from reputable supplier.
Doesn't do it all the time ... maybe one in 10 starts or so.
I used the original Kingston I did not like, there were periodic problems.
In the end, I abandoned the use of memory card Kingston

I used the original Kingston I did not like, there were periodic problems.
In the end, I abandoned the use of memory card Kingston

we used to use Kingston but stopped due to unacceptable failure rate, that's why we changed to Transcend when we did, they have been a lot more reliable for us

Will be flashing this over today. Will report back tonight and post samples either late tonight (11pm PST-ish) or sometime tomorrow (Tuesday).

This is a sample I recorded with this firmware. A119s with CPL filter.

Reactions: Mtz
Nice video and how was that dickwad sticking out the nose of his car making you swerve a little :mad:

Nice video and how was that dickwad sticking out the nose of his car making you swerve a little :mad:

Ha, that's how everyone drives here, hence why I just installed this camera.

I enabled WDR and somehow at night it doesn't work as well so disabled it and see how it looks tonight.

Here is my sample video. Day and Night w/ CPL and WDR on.

Looks so very much better. Not over sharpened like before and holy hot pixel Batman. There are NONE! (Well minus one at the very right edge near the top) But a VAST improvement over what nighttime footage used to look like with my unit. Props for this firmware guys. I knew you could do it :p

As a side note: I've been experiencing some issues with my GPS. Sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes to lock a signal, and even then, it drifts all over and has really bad readings. I've seen it say I'm going 48mph when I've been still for several minutes. Then some days, it works fine. Though I never had this issue with my first unit V1. Only encountered this with my replacement V2. Thoughts?

GPS results sound indicative of poor signal, could be something interfering or just a one off hardware problem with the GPS itself

As a side note: I've been experiencing some issues with my GPS. Sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes to lock a signal, and even then, it drifts all over and has really bad readings. I've seen it say I'm going 48mph when I've been still for several minutes. Then some days, it works fine. Though I never had this issue with my first unit V1. Only encountered this with my replacement V2. Thoughts?
Did you replace both the camera and the GPS mount? V2 camera needs V2 GPS mount.

First post on here.

Bought a 119S recently, need two for two vehicles but the first buy was to see if they were any good for the price.

Must say I am impressed, both with the unit and with the impression that Viofo seem to be offering good support to their product with these updates.

About to order a second unit.

Forget to mention, also add auto fix the hot pixel at night on this firmware.

I did notice that there seemed to be less visible hot pixels on this firmware! I'll have to do more testing now that I know I wasn't imagining it.

It's really nice to see a manufacturer engaging with users and listening to feedback, by the way. It makes me much more confident in the brand.

Back