A119S Optimized Image Quality Firmware

Викинг
Исходные файлы без обработки.

we used to use Kingston but stopped due to unacceptable failure rate, that's why we changed to Transcend when we did, they have been a lot more reliable for us

When it doesn't hang, it seems to be working fine.
The trouble is , here in the UK at least, I can't find a 64gb Transcend card for sale. Using WDR and full res a 32gb card is giving me less than 3 hours, I would like min 4 hours.

Edit, just found one on Amazon so will give it a go :)
I can always use the Kingston elsewere.

Last edited:
When it doesn't hang, it seems to be working fine.
The trouble is , here in the UK at least, I can't find a 64gb Transcend card for sale. Using WDR and full res a 32gb card is giving me less than 3 hours, I would like min 4 hours.

Edit, just found one on Amazon so will give it a go :)
I can always use the Kingston elsewere.
FWIW, I believe OCDTronics posted that the Samsung EVO cards are an acceptable substitute for the Transcend. They're also a lot cheaper and a lot easier to find, at least here in the USA.

I use a PNY 64GB card, been using it since I got my A119s a few months ago, and it's been perfect. Unfortunately I don't know the exact model of card, but I got it at Walmart... lol...

Forget to mention, also add auto fix the hot pixel at night on this firmware.
Very good customer service for your Viofo DVR's

What happens if you use a 128gb micro sd card to update the firmware? I'm away interstate working and I only have the 128gb that's in the dashcam atm.

The only options I have to format the 128gb Samsung evo is either NTFS or exFAT. No FAT32

The only options I have to format the 128gb Samsung evo is either NTFS or exFAT. No FAT32

if you've been playing with that already format the card back to exFAT in your computer, preferably using this https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ once it has been returned to default settings then format it in the camera before use, the camera will configure the card FAT32

for this model it's better to format in the camera
may I ask why?
it's still the same FAT32 file system whatever utility you use to create it.

No it's not, cluster size is a variable, if you set it incorrectly you can have problems
the above mentioned utility designed to format external hard drives and SD cards to FAT32 file system only. I don't mess with the "allocation unit size" and use the default settings, which is "32768", just select the correct drive, do a quick format and you're done! :)
I use it because I like to label my SD cards as I have 2 cameras and mostly use the same brand / size SD cards.

Back