A119S Optimized Image Quality Firmware

viofo

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
A129 Pro / A129 Duo / A119 V3 / A119S / G1W-S / WR1/
Awesome! Can't wait for side by side comparisons.

If anyone can post a link to, or reply that gives a step by step instruction of how to apply this update to the camera, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

If anyone can post a link to, or reply that gives a step by step instruction of how to apply this update to the camera, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Taken from the VIOFO website:
http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000047224-viofo-a119s-car-dash-camera-firmware

How to update:

Please do the following to upgrade the dash cam

The firmware will be automatically deleted from Micro SD card after upgrade completed.
  1. Use max. 32GB card formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32
  2. Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable
  3. Copy the FWA119S.bin on the root of the card
  4. After FWA119S.bin is copied to the card disconnect the camera from computer
  5. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait few seconds until the camera restart.
The front red LED will be blinking while upgrading

Is this newer than v1.2?

Awesome! I'll update my A119S when I receive it next week.

Is the name of the firmware file (FWA119S.bin) hard-coded into the camera's internal BIOS/flash update utility? If not, I would love to see some version numbers included in the names of the .bin files. If it is hard-coded, then oh well, nevermind.

packrat

Thank you for the info and help. I'm doing mine this weekend. I guess one you move forward, you can't revert back.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Is the name of the firmware file (FWA119S.bin) hard-coded into the camera's internal BIOS/flash update utility? If not, I would love to see some version numbers included in the names of the .bin files. If it is hard-coded, then oh well, nevermind.

packrat

it's hard coded, can't dynamically update the names each time

Omg awesome. This will be huge as I thought the IQ was lacking a bit. Thanks. About to install now

LOL, I just opened my camera and was surprised it still ships with v1.2 , so I updated to v1.6 today... now a new one already LOL, two updates for me in one day!

This file is 1mb smaller than the one (previous version?) on the Viofo website. Code cleanup or feature removal? :D

I have been waiting for this, thanks :)

Edit: untried the IQ, as yet, but it hasn't fixed a little issue I had with the camera sometimes loading the viofo and hanging on the logo some times on random start up.
(I have to keep an eye when I start the car to ensure it moves to whats filming before moving off).
I know because I swapped my 64gb card in after updating my firmware on the 32gb one and it hung up while powered from the charger !

Last edited:
viofo

You can make the bitrate constant?, To increase to 20. 28. 36. with a choice of menu. ?

Last edited:
Just updated my 119s, I was not having any problems but I guess newer firmware is better.

I have been waiting for this, thanks :)

Edit: untried the IQ, as yet, but it hasn't fixed a little issue I had with the camera sometimes loading the viofo and hanging on the logo some times on random start up.
(I have to keep an eye when I start the car to ensure it moves to whats filming before moving off).
I know because I swapped my 64gb card in after updating my firmware on the 32gb one and it hung up while powered from the charger !

hang during boot is generally a memory card issue, what cards, how old, have you tested them for errors etc?

viofo

Можно сделать битрейт постоянным?, Увеличить до 20. 28. 36. с выбором в меню. ?

technically possible, they probably have other things to work on before getting to adding a feature like this, doesn't hurt to ask though

Back