A119S top of my list, worth buying a 3 year warranty for $7.99 thru Amazon?

passgas55

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am about to purchase an A119S with GPS. I think it would be the best all away around dash cam. I do not want
wifi, I am more in the camp of keep it simple . I just need some opinions on if paying 10% more for a 3 year warranty on a A119S is worth it.
Thanks and very good info in this forum.

You may want V3, version 3.
Not sure if Amazon has them, yet. Viofo direct is where I got mine.

On the warranty, is it thru Amazon or Square Trade? I bought a security light and a three year warranty. Need to get out replaced and Square Trade said what warranty? I supplied all my Amazon buying info, no reply after two more months. I'll never deal with them again.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

My concern is it is a very new cam the V3. I like proven stuff but I guess software updates are not a problem.

$8 for 2-2.5 additional years warranty, it's a no-brainer.

Yeah I’d go warranty in retrospect...since after a year and a half mine turns on only when it feels like it. $8 would be a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up getting the V3. I did not go thru Amazon. The other warranty was from a 3rd party so that was a no go. Hope this works out. Always leary of a very new product.

I know you already bought one, but another option is to see what protections your credit cards have. Mine extend factory warranties 1-3 years another year. So 1 year would equal 2 for free.

I know you already bought one, but another option is to see what protections your credit cards have. Mine extend factory warranties 1-3 years another year. So 1 year would equal 2 for free.

Oh good idea! I hadn’t thought of that. But might have to file a claim with mine due to the unusable image after a year or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am about to purchase an A119S with GPS. I think it would be the best all away around dash cam. I do not want
wifi, I am more in the camp of keep it simple . I just need some opinions on if paying 10% more for a 3 year warranty on a A119S is worth it.
Thanks and very good info in this forum.

I purchased from amazon and didn't see any offer for the 3 year warranty. Do I have to do something during checkout to get the 3 year warranty ?

Back