a119s v1 or v2

Which version is better

• V1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • V2

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
Hm, I just happened to see this topic . . . we have two V1 A119S models - I have been sitting on them ever since purchase earlier in 2017, because a number of things came up. However, I have time to finally install these in our cars and now I'm reading that the GPS modules may have issues with the contacts.

Should I be looking to upgrade these V1 models? I got these originally from SpyTec, btw.

I've had a V1 mount in use for almost a year, no issues till now. The V2 has an improved contact mechanism system, but it's not like all V1 mounts were/are defective.

I've had a V1 mount in use for almost a year, no issues till now. The V2 has an improved contact mechanism system, but it's not like all V1 mounts were/are defective.

Thanks - are you implying that you removed and replaced the main body from the windshield-mounted GPS receiver and it eventually had problems, or that it stayed mounted and the contacts starting having issues "spontaneously" perhaps?

I was planning to keep the A119S main bodies attached to the windshield-stuck GPS units all of the time, only removing/replacing the SD card when needed for PC-based viewing, essentially. My hope was that would keep the mount stable and avoid the GPS contact issue.

Just in case, is there a Viofo-approved method to upgrade the GPS contacts, do we know?

Regardless, went for our first major road trip with one of the units and it looked great during the day, but night-time glare from all light sources was incredibly awful (i.e., major light blooms everywhere), so time to tweak settings and hope that helps. I'm guessing the new V2 lens won't help that aspect of things, though.

Thanks - are you implying that you removed and replaced the main body from the windshield-mounted GPS receiver and it eventually had problems, or that it stayed mounted and the contacts starting having issues "spontaneously" perhaps?

I was planning to keep the A119S main bodies attached to the windshield-stuck GPS units all of the time, only removing/replacing the SD card when needed for PC-based viewing, essentially. My hope was that would keep the mount stable and avoid the GPS contact issue.

Just in case, is there a Viofo-approved method to upgrade the GPS contacts, do we know?

Regardless, went for our first major road trip with one of the units and it looked great during the day, but night-time glare from all light sources was incredibly awful (i.e., major light blooms everywhere), so time to tweak settings and hope that helps. I'm guessing the new V2 lens won't help that aspect of things, though.

No. Mine's been in use for a year and still works fine.

A V1 to V2 conversion kit was released sometime back, can't see it online for a reasonable price anymore though.

Correct. V1 or V2, image quality will remain the same.

Hm, I just happened to see this topic . . . we have two V1 A119S models - I have been sitting on them ever since purchase earlier in 2017, because a number of things came up. However, I have time to finally install these in our cars and now I'm reading that the GPS modules may have issues with the contacts.

Should I be looking to upgrade these V1 models? I got these originally from SpyTec, btw.

You may order a GPS repalcement kit, You can change your V1 camera to our latest version (V2). The GPS connection of new version is more stable.

Both of them are V2
Different optics
Which is better?

Attachments

• IMG_20180104_144633.jpg
    IMG_20180104_144633.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 38
Back