A119S V2 screen flickering 1-2x/2min

frogger321

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
DCTeam
Hello

I use my new V2 since some weeks, now with current firmware V1.7.
Yesterday while driving a long distance and today I noticed that every 30-60s the screen is flickering (see my attached video). The video is not damaged, it seems it's "just" the screen.
Is it a hardware problem or can it be caused by connection or firmware?
I tried different sd cards (Sandisk, Hama, Samsung), new firmware, firmware reset, power connection is directly at the cam not through usb and eva foam is applied. Power adaptor is original viofo, I also tried another with 2.4A output.

Thanks for your help!

Video1

Video2

What is going on here ^ I go to take a look, press the arrow and it goes straight to a collection of other available videos when the red line completes for the download

Then after a minute or so ... it reverts back to the OPs video

Last edited:
direct link to the videos:

settings: public

^ Same again

What is this ... a puzzle?

3 strikes - I'm out

Edit: Doesn't matter ... I can't help out with the fix anyway.
Capture Your Action is one of the Good Guys, and a handy assist around these parts

Good luck with it :D

Last edited:
Don't know why you can't watch the video...

So was the screen still flickering when you used a different car adapter? The supplied adapter doesn't work well in certain cars (it's rare, but happens). Seems it does not fit well in the 12V port, causing a poor connection, causing the screen flicker and sometimes camera restarts. Also, are you using the original miniUSB cable?

So was the screen still flickering when you used a different car adapter? The supplied adapter doesn't work well in certain cars (it's rare, but happens). Seems it does not fit well in the 12V port, causing a poor connection, causing the screen flicker and sometimes camera restarts. Also, are you using the original miniUSB cable?
original adapter, third party adapter - no difference
I use the original mini USB cable

I would try powering it in your house using a USB charger plugged into a wall outlet and see if it still does it.

Yesterday while driving a long distance and today I noticed that every 30-60s the screen is flickering (see my attached video). The video is not damaged, it seems it's "just" the screen.
you don't need to see a camera screen while driving.
set a screen saver to 15sec or 30sec and once the camera started recording forget about it. my 2 cameras have no light indicators / no sound beeps enabled so nobody knows except me that they recording everything. :)

you don't need to see a camera screen while driving.
set a screen saver to 15sec or 30sec and once the camera started recording forget about it. my 2 cameras have no light indicators / no sound beeps enabled so nobody knows except me that they recording everything. :)
sometimes the cam is not starting or stops working, so its good to see if its live/working

I use my new V2 since some weeks, now with current firmware V1.7.
Is it a hardware problem or can it be caused by connection or firmware?
What I'm seeing on the video is not the continuous type flicker usually seen when power is marginal, but it is more like a fraction of a second long "glitch" or interruption in the video, which you describe as being periodic. The only time I've ever seen something similar turned out to be a firmware problem (A119) with some newly released firmware - here is a link to that bug report. That issue occurred while using the AV output to a TV, which disables the LCD, but the live video is the same as that of the LCD. It was also periodic in nature. Did this just start when you loaded V1.7? If all else fails, note your settings and try reloading your firmware.

If I remember correctly it started with V1.6 beta, as it was announced correctly it is the current version 1.7
So it may be a problem of 1.7

Power supply original and third-party no difference in the problem

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

If it is a firmware problem, then others should be able to reproduce the symptoms. It might be helpful to know if you are using a GPS mount {Edit - I see in the video that you are using a GPS Mount}, what pertinent settings you are using, and if there are specific modes or circumstances where the problem occurs or does not occur. I'm still running V1.2 so I can only say I don't see it there.

Last edited:
So it may be a problem of 1.7
I upgraded my A119S firmware to V1.7. Using the default settings (except Screensaver set to OFF) and operating the A119S in the Record mode for a few minutes, I could not verify the LCD display glitches as seen in your video. I will continue to watch for this problem for a while.

Back