A119S v2

The Next batch of V2 should contain EVA foam pads then.

Good grief. Does Viofo (or whoever the manufacturer is) have a QA department before they keep releasing products?

It works, I applied one of the spare EVA pads from the SG9665GC to the A119S's V1 mount, took care of the vibrations from the subwoofer. 3+ months later it's still snug.
But that's only with the mount not with the GPS-base?

The EVA foam pad can be applied to both GPS and regular thin or wedge thin mount

I will try to get some spare pieces and make them available.

That would be great. I'd love to have the foam for the V2 I just ordered from you.

Good grief. Does Viofo (or whoever the manufacturer is) have a QA department before they keep releasing products?

Maybe it was a decision that was made after production had already started and the first batch shipped? Still an inconvenience, but if Viofo or the seller makes it right by sending out a piece of this material at no charge, then I'm okay with that.

Send me a PM with your order number / address. I'll queue up your shipment so it's ready to go once I have some

A lot of cams suffer from vibration noise / lose mounts ... ( Stuff Happens )
A little electrical tape can help absorb vibration and take out a lose fit ..

Dont forget , windshields get hot , plastic when it gets hot becomes pliable .. ( can expand )
A little bit of tape strategically placed can solve these issues ..

same stuff only the one we use is 0.5mm thick and is 3M adhesive backed

Yup. I stopped by Hobby Lobby on the way home from work and picked up their thinnest sheet, which was 2mm. It was about 4x too thick. No worries - I can make a lot of coasters out of that 89-cent foam sheet. :)

My V2 fit snugly against the GPS mount and I drive a smooth vehicle on good roads, so I'll be fine until the seller sends the proper foam.

I'm hoping I can take some EVA home with me when I visit the VIOFO office in Shenzhen China later today. I'll be back in Nevada next week and will send some right away if so.

Worst case, I have some spare Street Guardian EVA pads I can send as well. Won't be a perfect fit but easily cut to size.

I just met with the VIOFO guys in Shenzhen. Here is a photo of the new custom die cut 0.5mm EVA foam pads. It will be stuck to the camera side not the mount side.

I'll be bringing some home and will send to OCD Tronic customers as needed. If I have enough left I'll offer it as an accessory for non OCD Tronic customers as well.

a33eb7947549e82f9f00221e1ab5ece4.jpg

But only for V2?

I don't see why it wouldn't work on V1 but we will find out.

I don't see why it wouldn't work on V1 but we will find out.

I would think that maybe the foam will push the pins further apart for V1. V1 contact strip are a bit deeper than V2's. Might cause more disconnects if anything.

I would think that maybe the foam will push the pins further apart for V1. V1 contact strip are a bit deeper than V2's. Might cause more disconnects if anything.

That reminds me, They clarified why the V2 cameras are not compatible with a V1 GPS mount (and the other way around)

The base of the spring pins from the V1 sticks out. (Not flush/hidden even when fully retracted) The raised pin bases make it so the new V2 contacts don't allow the male t-peg of the mount to fit into the female slot of the camera.

So it's not a "pin-out" change they meant the V1 pins literally sticks out. (Slight miscommunication).

I would think that when latched onto the mount, the camera contacts should be similar in distance to the pins. This would simply eliminate any "play" once he foam has been compressed. If the "play/movement " of the camera on the mount is main reason for any momentary pin disconnect, then this should help quite a bit. We shall see I guess.

I just met with the VIOFO guys in Shenzhen. Here is a photo of the new custom die cut 0.5mm EVA foam pads. It will be stuck to the camera side not the mount side.

I'll be bringing some home and will send to OCD Tronic customers as needed. If I have enough left I'll offer it as an accessory for non OCD Tronic customers as well.

a33eb7947549e82f9f00221e1ab5ece4.jpg
Will this foam come already attached, or will it be up to the customer to attach only if they feel they need it?

Back