A119S v2

Thanks for that Iggy, I will do just that. And no, I have not contacted the vendor. To be brutally honest my feeling is they should have contacted me. What an unfortunate situation. I am now not entirely sure I wish to get another Viofo...

Most sellers won't contact the customer because they are just the seller, and not the manufacturer. Also, not everyone has a problem with the product.
A good key point to keep in mind is to always purchase from a reputable seller.

Personally, I got the A119S(v1) from SpyTec and had powering issues with the GPS mount. I contacted the seller and they were EXTREMELY slow at replying.
Eventually I just told Amazon I want a return for a full refund. They provided me the shipping label and soon as it shipped, I got my money back.
Then I purcahsed the A119S(v2) from OCD Tronic (fulfilled by Amazon) and I haven't had a problem since.
And if I ever have an issue, this seller is extremely active in this forum, so I am confident it will be resolved relatively quickly.

I hope you get your issue sorted out.
But please go to your Amazon Orders, you should be able to get a refund. There is usually a 30-day period for these type of things.

I really ought to give the vendor a chance to make good, but should they fail to do so I will take your excellent advice. The order which included the A119s had been split up with parts going to different vendors. Being fairly new to Amazon I failed to realize there might be problems. Heck I didn't even know I could choose which vendor to buy from! To be brutally honest again, the more I use Amazon the less I like it.

I forgot to say that I actually noticed the problem before coming here today. I put the cam in my other car this morning for the first time and noticed that the cam fails to capture a clear image of licence plates, faces etc on the left side, even at very close range. After since reviewing older video I see the same thing was happening in the other car, which is a van and entirely different in many respects. I had come here to see if others had the same problem and found these threads.

I forgot to say that I actually noticed the problem before coming here today. I put the cam in my other car this morning for the first time and noticed that the cam fails to capture a clear image of licence plates, faces etc on the left side, even at very close range. After since reviewing older video I see the same thing was happening in the other car, which is a van and entirely different in many respects. I had come here to see if others had the same problem and found these threads.

What is the manufacturer, type and size is your memory card?
Have you formatted it recently as is needed after a few months of use.

Thanks for asking, but it's a new ScanDisk 128gb, initially formatted within the device as recommended. I have only had the cam for a little over 2 weeks and do not drive all that much really, so I doubt it needs reformatting already. It has not even started to loop over old video yet.

Thanks for asking, but it's a new ScanDisk 128gb, initially formatted within the device as recommended. I have only had the cam for a little over 2 weeks and do not drive all that much really, so I doubt it needs reformatting already. It has not even started to loop over old video yet.

I would have thought you would have done a bit of research on the memory.
The memory gets written on a lot over time and some brands are better than other for dash cam video than others.
If you still have issues I would first look at your memory first.

SanDisk cards are a good choice for anything else, but they have problems with write-intensive applications like dashcams :eek: They tend to die in dashcams, going into read-only mode without warning at any point plus their firmware can cause odd or unreliable behavior in many cams if they function at all :( Most of us use other cards in our cams as a better bet but some folks have good results with SanDisk cards in some cams while most have problems with them; YMMV ;)

Phil

I will try to get some spare pieces and make them available.

I'm bringing back heaps of the new custom die cut 0.5mm EVA foam pads that fit the back of the A119/A119S. They just arrived special delivery at my hotel in Shenzhen moments ago. I'll be sending them out to OCD Tronic customers that request them.

I will also make them available as an accessory for others. I'll post details for which part number to search for on Amazon when they are listed.

96c60b7f8d81e9c8581d3ebb72ca4d88.jpg

Now Available as an Accessory!
A119EVA - EVA Foam Pads for VIOFO A119 and A119S (V1 & V2) Mounts 0.5mm Custom Die Cut

• A119EVA - EVA Foam Custom Die Cut 0.5mm Pad for VIOFO A119 and A119S (V1 & V2) Mounts (Perfect Vibration Free & Snug Fit!)
  • Place 1 piece on the back of your A119/A119S dashcam like the photo. (2 pieces included)
  • Compatible with the A119 A119S V1 & V2 Dash Cameras
Search Amazon for A119EVA or B072DS2DW9

(ships Tuesday April 25th from Nevada, FBA/Prime listing coming soon after)

*Note, these will come in the box of second batch A119S V2 (and new A119 V2) in about one - two weeks.
91BQX20COiL._SL1500_.jpg

81c-qj52YML._SL1500_.jpg

71GU7RbjpML._SL1200_.jpg

*Note, these will come in the box of second batch A119S V2 (and new A119 V2) in about one - two weeks.

Amazon shows the new cams won't be in stock until the 22nd of May. Can you please clarify?

SanDisk cards are a good choice for anything else, but they have problems with write-intensive applications like dashcams :eek: They tend to die in dashcams, going into read-only mode without warning at any point plus their firmware can cause odd or unreliable behavior in many cams if they function at all :( Most of us use other cards in our cams as a better bet but some folks have good results with SanDisk cards in some cams while most have problems with them; YMMV ;)

Phil
Thanks for that SawMaster. Indeed there seems to be a fair amount of negative commentary here about Sandisk memory, however in 20+ years of buying memory I am yet to encounter a single problem with their memory products and I can say with confidence this card is performing as advertised. After passing it's max capacity for the first time last night it is now writing over old videos without issue, but it's way too early for such judgments. I believe in this case the whole issue of memory is moot and little more than a distraction, but I will post a comment here should I encounter even a slight problem with this Sandisk card. I swear on a stack of nuns!

I will be returning this device through Amazon asap. Even without the blurry capture I find the whole V1/V2 thing pretty sneaky. I refuse to pay money to beta-test any product. I see the vendor still claims the V1 is the "latest version"! I simply will not reward such mendacity.

How much will it cost me to send back the v1 I have had for only a week or so? I have to say I am a bit ticked that I even got the old version, which appears to have the blurry left side issue.

edit: I just discovered there are many vendors for this item and my comment is likely misplaced here. I seem to have bought mine from somebody called smartdealsusa and I guess I will have to speak to them. I am not an Amazon regular and was unaware I had to watch to make sure who exactly I bought it from to avoid being sold obsolete products.
Can you not install the new firmware making ur cam with the most updated version Cam is the same so just update it

I simply will not reward such mendacity.

Ah, thanks for the new word. I've been tired of "disingenuity" for awhile but had nothing better to go with till now :D

I don't know who your vendor was but I hope that you get satisfaction from them. The A119 series cams were beta-tested but that will not catch every problem or issue, and sometimes the only way to resolve those things when they're found later is a new version of cam or newer firmware. The latter is an easy DIY, yet the former will always result in disgruntled folks who bought in early and feel cheated. It can't be an easy decision for the manufacturer but I feel that it is better for them to do what is needed than to simply ignore the problem(s). YMMV.

In the 'Future Shock' world we live in today, technology moves along so quickly that no product can be thoroughly tested in every way before it's marketed, for anyone who tries that approach will not sell their now-outdated products when their competition brings forth newer more promising products which the market turns toward :eek: It's all a gamble if you want to keep up with the times, and some bets you will lose :( I don't think that anyone intended a V2 etal to happen here, though it did because it was the right thing to do. As I see this, save for defective units there are no "bad" A119 series cams, only that some are now better than in the past. From what I can tell by reading of other's experiences. I think I could be happy with any version but I'm not too hard to please with the sole exception being that I want absolute recording reliability which to me over-rides the rest. Again YMMV.

Diogenetically yours,
Phil

Amazon shows the new cams won't be in stock until the 22nd of May. Can you please clarify?

We always purposely pick a full month of backorder in case there's some catastrophic delay since Amazon can close our account if a mass amount of products are shipped late. (Some risk)

The shipment is en route as we speak to Amazon Texas.

I was told 4 pieces of custom cut 0.5 mm EVA foam pads will be in each camera accessory box.

Only just missed that train didn't I.......... Could you please send me a pack and thanks for the regular PM updates on my V2 purchase.

Only just missed that train didn't I.......... Could you please send me a pack and thanks for the regular PM updates on my V2 purchase.

Will do, PM sent

You ship something late? Probably not going to happen :)

Sometimes imported freight can get held up in customs at the boarder. (Or it's always possible for some catastrophic event to occur which has yet to happen, but you never know) 99% of the time everything is smooth sailing. Anything that is already in stock at the local office is never shipped late of course though.

actually I'm with Jon now, I can grab a couple of pieces of the EVA off him and bring them back to Australia with me for you

actually I'm with Jon now, I can grab a couple of pieces of the EVA off him and bring them back to Australia with me for you

Good idea thanks Rick! Mighty kind as always.
[emoji846]

Back