A119s wobbly on GPS mount

cloney

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I just purchased a brand new Viofo A119s from Amazon. I installed it on the GPS mount and noticed that all the videos are wobbly. I checked the camera and its very noticeable wobbly when i move it around when mounted. Is this normal or do I have a defective mount on either the camera or GPS unit?
Everything else works fine but the vibration is seen throughout the video.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone. I just purchased a brand new Viofo A119s from Amazon. I installed it on the GPS mount and noticed that all the videos are wobbly. I checked the camera and its very noticeable wobbly when i move it around when mounted. Is this normal or do I have a defective mount on either the camera or GPS unit?
Everything else works fine but the vibration is seen throughout the video.

Thanks in advance!
Have you tried the standard mounts that came with the camera? Do they appear to hold the camera better?

Yeah it doesn't wobble on the non GPS mounts
You could exchange the GPS mount or try to place some sort of thin foam tape, or similar, on the mount or back of camera to get a tighter fit.

Adding something like a thin EVA foam pad would tighten things right up. (doesn't take much)

wdGfzHF.png

Watching some of my recordings on not quite smooth roads, I noticed slight vertical vibration. The post above shows three thumbnails but only the first one is selected and I cannot select the last one with the arrows, which I think indicates where to place the packing foam to hopefully fix the problem.
Is it usually the GPS mount to camera or the lens itself vibrating? (I am using the CPL filter)

Back