A129 3-wire kit

I was going to suggest a longer boot delay. Using 0s is likely to cause problems. Even 5s can be too short after a few days parked.
Not sure how many others are like this, but my old Buick had computer-controlled charging and when you started the car the alternator power output was restricted for about two seconds, then went to full charging. I was told by folks who should have known that this was done to protect that car's many computers from voltage surge. So it's definitely worth trying the delay-start in case it's the same situation here.

Phil

I use a 3-wire kit, it does not switch to Park mode when the ignition is off. Is there a software problem?
The symbol in the corner needs to be changed when it switches to Park mode, but it doesn't changed.
He's continuous doing normal recording.

Not sure how many others are like this, but my old Buick had computer-controlled charging and when you started the car the alternator power output was restricted for about two seconds, then went to full charging. I was told by folks who should have known that this was done to protect that car's many computers from voltage surge. So it's definitely worth trying the delay-start in case it's the same situation here.

Phil
I think nearly all are like that these days, my alternator is off for about the first 6 seconds, which I think is mainly so that while you are cranking the engine, the battery doesn't need to supply extra power to the starter motor in order to drive the alternator to generate power to charge the battery - that would make for a very inefficient perpetual motion machine! Also if the engine struggles to get going for some reason, it will find it much easier if the alternator isn't putting an unnecessary load on it.

Once it does turn on it goes to 14.6 volts for a few minutes to rapidly replace the power used for engine starting and then drops to 13.8 volts trickle charge for a long battery life.

Even with the old mechanical regulators there was almost no load until the alternator was spinning fast enough (engine running) to produce power; only the coils drew current to produce the needed magnetism. The new schemes are certainly better for the battery, just a little quirky sometimes which can affect our cams.

Phil

I use a 3-wire kit, it does not switch to Park mode when the ignition is off. Is there a software problem?
The symbol in the corner needs to be changed when it switches to Park mode, but it doesn't changed.
He's continuous doing normal recording.

You need to plug power into the camera, not through the mount.

Even with the old mechanical regulators there was almost no load until the alternator was spinning fast enough (engine running) to produce power; only the coils drew current to produce the needed magnetism. The new schemes are certainly better for the battery, just a little quirky sometimes which can affect our cams.

Phil
Yes, but people didn't like the headlamps dimming and turning yellow every time the engine dropped to idle speed!

I think modern alternators generate power at lower revs because with electronics it is much easier to regulate the voltages.
Also, modern cars generally idle at higher speed until the catalytic convertors have warmed up, startup revs are enough to generate reasonable power.

You need to plug power into the camera, not through the mount.

Really? I tried by plugging the power cord into the camera,
Does the parking mode not work when you plug it into the gps module?i have tried but it didn't again
How should the camera settings?

Does the parking mode not work when you plug it into the gps module?i have tried but it didn't again

Have you checked to ensure that each of the 3 wires are connected to the right sources?

No, the 3-wire kit will not switch the camera to parking mode when it is plugged into the mount, it need the be plugged into the camera.

Have you checked to ensure that each of the 3 wires are connected to the right sources?

Yeah I checked, I hooked up the yellow wire to the cigarette lighter fuse.
The cigarette lighter fuse cuts off power while the ignition is off.
I connected the red wire to the fuse that is continuously energized. I connected the black cable as a chassis

Yeah I checked, I hooked up the yellow wire to the cigarette lighter fuse.
The cigarette lighter fuse cuts off power while the ignition is off.
I connected the red wire to the fuse that is continuously energized. I connected the black cable as a chassis
Are you sure your cigarette fuse turns off when the car turns of? Some cars delay the powering off of some of the fuses.

Are you sure your cigarette fuse turns off when the car turns of? Some cars delay the powering off of some of the fuses.

I checked it to
I understand the phone charger, the phone does not charge when the ignition is off.

I checked it to
I understand the phone charger, the phone does not charge when the ignition is off.
If your powering the camera directly using the 3-wire Viofo kit and it's not entering parking mode as soon as you shut off the car (don't leave in accessory mode), then I would think something is not wired correctly.

If your powering the camera directly using the 3-wire Viofo kit and it's not entering parking mode as soon as you shut off the car (don't leave in accessory mode), then I would think something is not wired correctly.

The camera was like this when I just went to the car.
When I switched on the ignition, it was switched to normal recording, and when I switched off the ignition, the continued normal recording.

When I switched on the ignition, it was switched to normal recording, and when I switched off the ignition, the continued normal recording.

Video is dark, but it still looks like you have the power cable from the 3-wire kit going into the mount. It need to go directly into the camera itself to work.

Video is dark, but it still looks like you have the power cable from the 3-wire kit going into the mount. It need to go directly into the camera itself to work.

No, cable does not appear because of darkness, it going in to the camera.
What does the situation in the video mean?

Phil

My Mk5 Mondeo has this protection too, to stop any initial surge while the car is ‘turning over’. It was controlled with a variety of JCASE fuses, which I believe are fairly common now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you focus in on the icon in the top left of the rear camera picture. It changes after the beep.

Also, what firmware are you running?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, cable does not appear because of darkness, it going in to the camera.
What does the situation in the video mean?
So cable is plugged into the side of the camera? I cannot see it at all in that video. There are a couple of times when it appears I should be able to see it.

Back